Nanazgo

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Hi,

I got this problem that my computer just stops when loading WindowsXP
I got the Computer today and i installed WindowsXP but when i try to start up the computer just it freezes while loading.
I tried to re-instal it but still it again freezes.
Please help me...

Thanks Alot!

*Im sorry form my bad grammer*

sturm

Splendid
Will the computer load in safe mode - press F8 at bios screen to get menu.
Where is it freezing? During xp install or after xp is installed and actually booting to windows?

sturm

Splendid
press F8 again and do a step-by-step boot. This will show you what file, driver, dll or whatever is locking up.

You also might try going into safemode an uninstalling any add-in cards you have including sound cards. Remove the card from the computer and try booting again. Once windows is working you can reinstall the cards one at a time to see if one makes it lock up.

Nanazgo

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I tried F8 but nothing happens en it just starts up.

And unintsalling al the hardware is i dont know but im not sure if i have the CD to put everything back on it i do have a CD with the name Drivers & Utilities on it.

And where it freezes is when you have the Big WindowsXP logo and underneith it has a small bar with blue bloks moving along the sides and then it just freezes.

yeason

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
There should be an option on the F8 boot screen for Boot Logging enabled, try this and then let it try to boot. Give it a minute or two after it seems to have stopped to make sure it logs the error and then boot into safemode and check the event viewer. This may be able to tell you what's going on.