WHAT PSU DO YOU RECOMMEND?

Orion63

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
After exhaustive research in a PSU upgrade on my system last month, I bought an Antec TruePowerTrio 650w. Except it was missing a certain -5 volt rail that my motherboard required. If I had your system, then I would get the Antec. All the newer motherboards don't need that -5 volt rail so I think the Antec will do you good.

My mobo is an Intel socket 478 and requires the ATX 12V 2.01 spec, whereas pretty much everything made after that followed the ATX12v 2.2 spec, which deosn't need the -5 volt rail. Just a minor thing.

later

deceneu

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
please do not shout on these forums without cause.

"shout" ??????? what is your problem? do you not have anything better to do?
If you know something about the bloody psu s than say it , if you know nothing about them ... SHUT THE F**K UP! This is shouting.

deceneu

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
hey, im just asking for you to be polite. if you want to look like a noob, do it somewhere else.

I was polite until you came in and accused me of shouting.
I would apreciate if you stick to the matter in discusion, that is PSU s. Thats all.

deceneu

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
using caps in text means you are shouting. shouting a question at people is not polite and is damn annoying, i see no reason why i should ignore it and not infomr you of correct practice.

I have seen many guys writing with caplocks, howerver I havent seen you telling all of them not to shout. Am I wrong? I think this ego war is just enough, lets end it here. lets talk about PSU s.

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
The PSUs that Antec Manufacturers generally are not all that hot.

The TruePower that you listed is not actually made by Antec and is actually a decent PSU and of much higher quality than normal Antecs.

bobbknight

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
What to look for in a power supply:

output at 50 degrees c

efficiency in percentage

voltage tolerances

and percentage of ac ripple

I like pc power and cooling power supplies

Freekie_Deekie

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2007
On the internet using capital letters is considered shouting.

WHY DO PEOPLE GET SO ANNOYED BY CAPITOL LETTERS?
I THINK YOU HAVE SOME KIND OF MENTAL PHOBIA OR SOMETHING.
THE QUESTION WAS ABOUT PSU'S, NOT CAPITOL LETTERS.

Its Capital and in the Internet, Mostly on forums or messengers, it considered shouting and rude.

Freekie_Deekie

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2007
A quote I pulled off another board about the 650W

Just remember one thing when it comes to power supplies & your system.
If you are building a high end system, total Amperage available on the +12V rails and how it's distributed can be more important than total Watts of power, which this supply seems to address from the data I've seen.

Id go with Antec cus "Watts the Point" of having the power when you cant distribute it correctly.