Changing German ROM to English ROM for POCKET PC Mobile

July 3, 2005 2:26:39 PM

I purchased my VODAFONE VPA identical to O2 Mini XDAII from Vodafone
Germany. I thought that I could change the language settings to English but
there is no way to do this. The ROM is in GER How do I change or where do I
download the software to convert the ROM to ENGLISH. VODAFONE in Germany is
clueless how to go about it.
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 2:26:40 PM

"TS" <tushar@khimjee.com> wrote in message
news:o LEyZu4fFHA.268@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I purchased my VODAFONE VPA identical to O2 Mini XDAII from Vodafone
>Germany. I thought that I could change the language settings to English but
>there is no way to do this. The ROM is in GER How do I change or where do I
>download the software to convert the ROM to ENGLISH. VODAFONE in Germany is
>clueless how to go about it.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it cannot be done.

Flib
July 3, 2005 2:26:40 PM

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 10:26:39 +0530, TS wrote:

>I purchased my VODAFONE VPA identical to O2 Mini XDAII from Vodafone
>Germany. I thought that I could change the language settings to English but
>there is no way to do this. The ROM is in GER How do I change or where do I
>download the software to convert the ROM to ENGLISH. VODAFONE in Germany is
>clueless how to go about it.

You typically get ROM images from the manufacturer. In your case, the
manufacturer does not seem to have an English one.

--
"I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
- Slartibartfast

Only possible by replacing the ROM...

"Flibble" <tough@thetop.com> wrote in message

> "TS" <tushar@khimjee.com> wrote in message
> news:o LEyZu4fFHA.268@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >I purchased my VODAFONE VPA identical to O2 Mini XDAII from Vodafone
> >Germany. I thought that I could change the language settings to English
but
> >there is no way to do this. The ROM is in GER How do I change or where do
> >download the software to convert the ROM to ENGLISH. VODAFONE in Germany
is
> >clueless how to go about it.
>
> I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it cannot be done.
>
> Flib

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 7:22:43 PM

The XDA-developers Special Edition ROM v1.2 should work. You can read more
about it and download it from here.
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/wiki/SpecialEditionROM

"TS" <tushar@khimjee.com> wrote in message
news:o LEyZu4fFHA.268@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I purchased my VODAFONE VPA identical to O2 Mini XDAII from Vodafone
>Germany. I thought that I could change the language settings to English but
>there is no way to do this. The ROM is in GER How do I change or where do I
>download the software to convert the ROM to ENGLISH. VODAFONE in Germany is
>clueless how to go about it.

April 22, 2012 4:24:46 AM

!