bill

I have the following in my Add/Remove Programs list which I want to trim down
if some are duplications:

Adobe Acrobat 4.0 Size 8.77 Mb
Adobe Reader 6.0.1 Size 44.12 Mb
Adobe Acrobat-Reader 6.0.2 Update Size 5.66 Mb
Adobe Acrobat and Reader 6.0.3 Update Size 0.99 Mb
Adobe Atmosphere Player for Acrobat and Adobe Reader No size listed
Adobe Download Manager 1.2 (Remove Only) No size listed

It doesn't seem to me like I need them all.

Can you advise me which I should remove without affecting my ability to use
Adobe features for reading manuals, for example?

I am wondering too if one of these programs keeps interrupting my activity
on the internet or even when I am not on the internet, makes my border go
inactive, the hour glass comes up and once and a while I get one beep along
with the hourglass.

I also just Removed "encoredvdtryout" which is an Adobe software but it had
no effect on my active/inactive border problem.
Thank you. I'd appreciate the help.
Bill

--
b.l.

"bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the following in my Add/Remove Programs list which I want to trim
>down
> if some are duplications:
>
> Adobe Acrobat 4.0 Size 8.77 Mb
> Adobe Reader 6.0.1 Size 44.12 Mb
> Adobe Acrobat-Reader 6.0.2 Update Size 5.66 Mb
> Adobe Acrobat and Reader 6.0.3 Update Size 0.99 Mb
> Adobe Atmosphere Player for Acrobat and Adobe Reader No size listed
> Adobe Download Manager 1.2 (Remove Only) No size listed
>
> It doesn't seem to me like I need them all.
>
> Can you advise me which I should remove without affecting my ability to
> use
> Adobe features for reading manuals, for example?
>
> I am wondering too if one of these programs keeps interrupting my activity
> on the internet or even when I am not on the internet, makes my border go
> inactive, the hour glass comes up and once and a while I get one beep
> along
> with the hourglass.
>
> I also just Removed "encoredvdtryout" which is an Adobe software but it
> had
> no effect on my active/inactive border problem.
> Thank you. I'd appreciate the help.
> Bill
>
> --
> b.l.
I would advise, if you haven't already, updating to Adobe Reader 7.0 and
delete everything that does not pertain to 7.0 version. I did it, and have
not had any problems.
Cajunswabbie

bill

Thank you for the suggestion but do I Remove all Adobe files that are
presently in the Add/Remove Control Panel first or afterwards?
Bill

"Cajunswabbie" wrote:

> "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the following in my Add/Remove Programs list which I want to trim
> >down
> > if some are duplications:
> >
> > Adobe Acrobat 4.0 Size 8.77 Mb
> > Adobe Reader 6.0.1 Size 44.12 Mb
> > Adobe Acrobat-Reader 6.0.2 Update Size 5.66 Mb
> > Adobe Acrobat and Reader 6.0.3 Update Size 0.99 Mb
> > Adobe Atmosphere Player for Acrobat and Adobe Reader No size listed
> > Adobe Download Manager 1.2 (Remove Only) No size listed
> >
> > It doesn't seem to me like I need them all.
> >
> > Can you advise me which I should remove without affecting my ability to
> > use
> > Adobe features for reading manuals, for example?
> >
> > I am wondering too if one of these programs keeps interrupting my activity
> > on the internet or even when I am not on the internet, makes my border go
> > inactive, the hour glass comes up and once and a while I get one beep
> > along
> > with the hourglass.
> >
> > I also just Removed "encoredvdtryout" which is an Adobe software but it
> > had
> > no effect on my active/inactive border problem.
> > Thank you. I'd appreciate the help.
> > Bill
> >
> > --
> > b.l.
> I would advise, if you haven't already, updating to Adobe Reader 7.0 and
> delete everything that does not pertain to 7.0 version. I did it, and have
> not had any problems.
> Cajunswabbie

Bill, remove all the previous versions first. (Start at the bottom of the
list and work upward. It should not matter but I recently did this with all
the 6.xx stuff and also Reader 5.05 and 4.0 with no problems.) I note that
you have Adobe Acrobat 4.0 installed. To see if this is capable of working,
simply open Printers and Faxes in Control Panel. See if you have a printer
listed similar to "Adobe PDF" . If you do and you use this at all to modify
or create PDF files you may want to leave this one alone.

Adobe Reader can be downloaded from: