bay_afendi

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
Hello....forum
I am having some errors on screen whenever i bootup the laptop, actually the screen shows 15 error warnings of which are in four different types. here are the details
1. 00018449.EXE- Unable To Locate Component, below it says' This application has failed to start because jvm.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix the problem.
2. Same thing but different dll this one is java.dll
3. same again but different dll for this one it shows awt.dll
4. and finally the small one it says....Error and below it follows ' Could not find program code'.
Well, i have tried to re-install the application which i thought was the one causing this problem but the situation worsen to more errors so i restored my system and remain with 15 warnings atleast but really are annoying.

I would like advice on how to remove these!!!....thanks

You're either looking at Memory or Harddrive Failure you need to get diagnostics programs for both and run them to find the exact problem, check the memory first using a program like Memtest86 and if you get memory errors thats the problem.

If the memory checks OK then run a diagnostic on the HDD, but first you'll need to get the namebrand of the HDD and get a diagnostics disk online at the HDD manufacturers website.

Check the sticky I maintain at the top of the Power Supply section for download links to get Memtest86.

bay_afendi

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
Hello again.
I tried to do the memory check by Memtest86, but i got stuck when it asks me of diskett apart from that i wasnt quite sure which of the two is for testing i mean the INSTALL(ms-dos batch file) or RAWRITE. I tried INSTALL it asks diskett and i dont have bcz am using laptop, if there is any other option advice me plz. And for the RAWRITE it says Enter the disk image source file, which i dont know.

How can i overcome this?......thank you.

This is assuming your laptop has a CDRW or DVDRW using this website link look under;

ISO images suitable for creating a bootable Memtest86 CDROM

And download the first file listed;

.Download - Memtest86 v3.2 ISO image (.zip)

Instructions for creating the bootable disk are on the same page you get the file from.

Then boot from the CD, and run Memtest86.

Memtest86 will automatically run and continue to run until you stop it by pressing the Esc key, if its not showing any errors right off the bat, let it run at least 45min and if no errors occur then the RAM is pretty much OK.

If errors are instantly produced and continuing to build stop Memtest86 and replace the RAM.