Hard time finding OTA receivers

Last response: in Home Theatre
October 26, 2004 11:45:05 AM

Hey guys - got an HDTV delivered last night so I went out shopping for
over the air receiver/tuners. After going to 3 places (Circuit City,
Bestbuy, Fry's), I came home empty handed. They were all out or didn't
even carry them!(One guy at BB didn't even know what they were) Are we
in the middle of switching generations (The BB guy 'thought' they were
out b/c of this and they won't be getting anything in for a month) or
are these being phased out all together and I'm going to have to go with
Satellite or cable? Also, if a new generation of OTA receivers is
coming when will those be arriving?

Thanks,

Bob
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 7:09:05 PM

Best buy should have the LG LST3510 DVD and Digital OTA reciver.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=107662857141...
I have one, works great.
I also have a US Digital HDTV tuner from Walmart...
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2... I have one of
these also (at work)... steel building, 25 to 30 miles from transmitters,
rabbit ears, and a great picure. I have drops sure, but considering, I'm
very happy. (But, I'd kill for an outside antenna!) I can get all but 2
local stations, one of those is a low power that is not broadcasting digital
anything right now, and the other is a local station that my rabbit ears
won't lock on the digital signal, the analog signal still gets thru on both,
if I have to that is.

Try those.

Russ

"Bob Robertson" <brobertson@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys - got an HDTV delivered last night so I went out shopping for
> over the air receiver/tuners. After going to 3 places (Circuit City,
> Bestbuy, Fry's), I came home empty handed. They were all out or didn't
> even carry them!(One guy at BB didn't even know what they were) Are we
> in the middle of switching generations (The BB guy 'thought' they were
> out b/c of this and they won't be getting anything in for a month) or
> are these being phased out all together and I'm going to have to go with
> Satellite or cable? Also, if a new generation of OTA receivers is
> coming when will those be arriving?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

October 26, 2004 8:04:15 PM

As I found out, my Hughes DTV HDTV receiver also decodes OTA HD signals.
"kw5kw" <qwerty.kw5kw@swbell.net.qwerty> wrote in message
> Best buy should have the LG LST3510 DVD and Digital OTA reciver.
> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=107662857141...
> I have one, works great.
> I also have a US Digital HDTV tuner from Walmart...
> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2... I have one
> of
> these also (at work)... steel building, 25 to 30 miles from transmitters,
> rabbit ears, and a great picure. I have drops sure, but considering, I'm
> very happy. (But, I'd kill for an outside antenna!) I can get all but 2
> local stations, one of those is a low power that is not broadcasting
> digital
> anything right now, and the other is a local station that my rabbit ears
> won't lock on the digital signal, the analog signal still gets thru on
> both,
> if I have to that is.
>
> Try those.
>
> Russ
>

> "Bob Robertson" <brobertson@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Hey guys - got an HDTV delivered last night so I went out shopping for
>> over the air receiver/tuners. After going to 3 places (Circuit City,
>> Bestbuy, Fry's), I came home empty handed. They were all out or didn't
>> even carry them!(One guy at BB didn't even know what they were) Are we
>> in the middle of switching generations (The BB guy 'thought' they were
>> out b/c of this and they won't be getting anything in for a month) or
>> are these being phased out all together and I'm going to have to go with
>> Satellite or cable? Also, if a new generation of OTA receivers is
>> coming when will those be arriving?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bob

October 26, 2004 9:28:15 PM

Bob Robertson wrote:
> Hey guys - got an HDTV delivered last night so I went out shopping for
> over the air receiver/tuners. After going to 3 places (Circuit City,
> Bestbuy, Fry's), I came home empty handed. They were all out or didn't
> even carry them!(One guy at BB didn't even know what they were) Are we
> in the middle of switching generations (The BB guy 'thought' they were
> out b/c of this and they won't be getting anything in for a month) or
> are these being phased out all together and I'm going to have to go with
> Satellite or cable? Also, if a new generation of OTA receivers is
> coming when will those be arriving?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

Possibly they are waiting for 5th gen receivers. This would make sense
since no current gen receiver should have ever been sold in the first
place. there is a thread about this on AVSForum which I posted about on
alt.video.digital-tv...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=c3cb306...

Bob Miller

The following from alt.video.digital-tv

<http://www.tvtechnology.com/features/Masked-Engineer/An...;

>> That Mr. Masked is just a big know-it-all who just happens to be
right all the time.

> ...except when he is really, really wrong, like when he says about
digital
> TV in the US:
>
> "Only about 600 stations are licensed to transmit it."
>
> The current count of licensed digital TV stations has been over 1000 for
> a year. I don't know what it's up to by now.
>
> His other statements in the article are just as dumb:
>
> "Almost no broadcasters have been mentioning it."
>
> Most every prime-time program from all OTA networks has a "also available
> in HDTV" banner at the beginning. Fox, in particular, is really pushing
> HDTV with the NFL and the baseball playoffs. The announcers talk about
> it, and there are commercials about it.
>
> "Almost no viewers can tune it in."
>
> Nearly 80% of the population of the US can get 3 or more OTA digital
> stations...all they need is a receiver. Yeah, that may have been his
> point--only 2-3 million receivers have been sold--but what he says comes
> off more like digital TV doesn't work.

Mario doesn't make many mistakes.

The number of licensed stations is around 600 not over 1000. Most
stations are still operating with STA's. Broadcasters whose customers go
to digital lose that customer for purposes of advertising revenue.
Nielson does not count digital yet. Broadcasters are not eagerly
advertising their digital yet. They are doing the minimum.

Few people can receive OTA HD because there are few receivers sold and
far fewer being used. A topic on AVSForum points this out.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=c3cb306...

Funny that it has not been flamed and deleted. I guess reality is
starting to overwhelm. OTA digital is stagnant in the US, has been from
day one and will be until 5th gen receivers flood the market.

The reality is that until 5th gen there was no business plan for
broadcasters or anyone else with digital OTA in the US.

It has ALWAYS been ALL about having plug and play receivers that were
affordable. That has been the ONLY serious issue that has held OTA
digital broadcasting back.

The UK will have sold 6 million digital COFDM receivers by the end of
the year. Italy is going strong (with subsidy) after only a few months,
Japan sales are wild considering that they only have three cities up.
They have sold two million OTA receivers and 90% of those receivers come
in INTEGRATED HDTV sets.

Japan did this in just the last nine months. Australia is ahead of us in
receiver sales. The US is in last place anyway you count it in digital OTA.
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 9:28:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

Bob Miller (robmx@earthlink.net) wrote in alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
> The following from alt.video.digital-tv

Oh, great. Not only is Bob spewing stupidity, but now he's multiposting
to do it.

For the original thread, see:
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=417b2520.162249...

> Mario doesn't make many mistakes.

Oh, look, Bob once again proves that anything he says, the opposite is
always true.

> The number of licensed stations is around 600 not over 1000.

The number of stations licensed by the FCC to transmit digital signals is
currently 1663.

> Most
> stations are still operating with STA's.

That still means they are licensed. I receive quite a few stations that
are broadcasting with STAs on digital (and even a few on analog).

My local PBS had a flood that knocked out their main digital transmitter,
and they are working to get it back into operation. They requested (and
got) an STA so that they can transmit from another location while the
repairs are in progress. Since they didn't want to permanently move their
facilities, they only needed an STA, *not* a new license.

There are stations that have STAs because they can't get their antenna to
the height they told the FCC they would have it at in a construction
permit, but are eventually planning to get it moved. There is nothing
wrong with broadcasting under an STA...it just means the station isn't
complying with what it told the FCC it was going to do, and the FCC has
agreed that this is OK for a while.

This how FCC regulations work, but Bob doesn't understand this, just like
he doesn't understand everything else concerning broadcast TV.

--
Jeff Rife |
SPAM bait: | http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/UserFriendly/SPAMOurCustom...

"kw5kw" <qwerty.kw5kw@swbell.net.qwerty> wrote:
> Best buy should have the LG LST3510 DVD and Digital OTA reciver.
> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=107662857141...
> pe=product I have one, works great.
> I also have a US Digital HDTV tuner from Walmart...
> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2... I have one
> of these also (at work)... steel building, 25 to 30 miles from
> transmitters, rabbit ears, and a great picure. I have drops sure, but
> considering, I'm very happy. (But, I'd kill for an outside antenna!) I
> can get all but 2 local stations, one of those is a low power that is not
> broadcasting digital anything right now, and the other is a local station
> that my rabbit ears won't lock on the digital signal, the analog signal
> still gets thru on both, if I have to that is.
>
> Try those.
>
> Russ

How could an analog signal come in on the US Digital tuner?
I thought it was ATSC only. Did they change the receiver?
Chip

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 12:32:57 AM

Jeff Rife wrote:
> Bob Miller (robmx@earthlink.net) wrote in alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
>
>>The following from alt.video.digital-tv
>

> Oh, great. Not only is Bob spewing stupidity, but now he's multiposting
> to do it.
>
> For the original thread, see:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=417b2520.162249...
>

>>Mario doesn't make many mistakes.
>

> Oh, look, Bob once again proves that anything he says, the opposite is
> always true.
>

>>The number of licensed stations is around 600 not over 1000.
>

> The number of stations licensed by the FCC to transmit digital signals is
> currently 1663.
>

>> Most
>>stations are still operating with STA's.
>

> That still means they are licensed. I receive quite a few stations that
> are broadcasting with STAs on digital (and even a few on analog).
>
> My local PBS had a flood that knocked out their main digital transmitter,
> and they are working to get it back into operation. They requested (and
> got) an STA so that they can transmit from another location while the
> repairs are in progress. Since they didn't want to permanently move their
> facilities, they only needed an STA, *not* a new license.
>
> There are stations that have STAs because they can't get their antenna to
> the height they told the FCC they would have it at in a construction
> permit, but are eventually planning to get it moved. There is nothing
> wrong with broadcasting under an STA...it just means the station isn't
> complying with what it told the FCC it was going to do, and the FCC has
> agreed that this is OK for a while.
>
> This how FCC regulations work, but Bob doesn't understand this, just like
> he doesn't understand everything else concerning broadcast TV.

I fully understand what an STA is having used them. They are a Special
Temporary Authority not a license. In the parlance, when broadcasters
talk of a station being licensed, they do not mean that they have
Special Temporary Authority. In fact to say a station is licensed is to
preclude an STA, you can't have both on the same frequency. An STA last
for six months and is secondary to anyone who has a license. This
authority can be revoked instantly with no reason given.

The following FCC abbreviations are widely used: "AP" = applications,
"LI" = License, "CP" = "Construction permit", "CPM" = construction
permit modified and "AL" = allocation, "STA" = Special Temporary Authority

When an STA expires the holder does not then have a license, they have
nothing. Either an entity possesses a license or an STA, not both and
one has nothing to do with the other. We have had an STA and we have had
an experimental license and we have licenses, they are different.

VERY SPECIFICALLY there are 651 Licensed (or on Official Program Test
Authority) DTV stations on the air as of August 25, 2004 according to
the FCC.

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/video/files/dtvonair.html

At the bottom of that page NOTE!!! The FCC says...

NOTE: THERE ARE A NUMBER OF OTHER DTV STATIONS ON THE AIR PERIODICALLY
UNDER EXPERIMENTAL OR SPECIAL TEMPORARY AUTHORITIES (STA'S) WITH LESS
THAN FULLY AUTHORIZED FACILITIES.

If you want to argue semantics you can with the FCC. They may have a
reason for specifically calling one thing a license and another an
"Authority".

Unless of course you consider that a dog is also a cat.

Mario doesn't make many mistakes. He didn't this time either.
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 5:29:09 AM

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:45:05 -0700, Bob Robertson <brobertson@aol.com> wrote:
> Hey guys - got an HDTV delivered last night so I went out shopping for
> over the air receiver/tuners. After going to 3 places (Circuit City,
> Bestbuy, Fry's), I came home empty handed. They were all out or didn't
> even carry them!(One guy at BB didn't even know what they were) Are we
> in the middle of switching generations (The BB guy 'thought' they were
> out b/c of this and they won't be getting anything in for a month) or
> are these being phased out all together and I'm going to have to go with
> Satellite or cable? Also, if a new generation of OTA receivers is
> coming when will those be arriving?

I got the last display model OTA digital receiver my local Best Buy had
(Samsung SIR-T351, no manual, but I downloaded it). I have no widescreen
yet, but it has outputs for DVI (for my 19" LCD), VGA (for my 17" CRT
monitor), component, S-video, or RCA (for my old TV).

Somebody keeps spouting about 5th generation receivers, so maybe something
is coming down the pike within months.
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 5:29:10 AM

In article <slrncntuf5.c9t.efflandt@typhoon.xnet.com>, David Efflandt
<efflandt@xnet.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:45:05 -0700, Bob Robertson <brobertson@aol.com> wrote:
> > Hey guys - got an HDTV delivered last night so I went out shopping for
> > over the air receiver/tuners. After going to 3 places (Circuit City,
> > Bestbuy, Fry's), I came home empty handed. They were all out or didn't
> > even carry them!(One guy at BB didn't even know what they were) Are we
> > in the middle of switching generations (The BB guy 'thought' they were
> > out b/c of this and they won't be getting anything in for a month) or
> > are these being phased out all together and I'm going to have to go with
> > Satellite or cable? Also, if a new generation of OTA receivers is
> > coming when will those be arriving?
>
> I got the last display model OTA digital receiver my local Best Buy had
> (Samsung SIR-T351, no manual, but I downloaded it). I have no widescreen
> yet, but it has outputs for DVI (for my 19" LCD), VGA (for my 17" CRT
> monitor), component, S-video, or RCA (for my old TV).
>
> Somebody keeps spouting about 5th generation receivers, so maybe something
> is coming down the pike within months.

IMO, the best 4th gen receiver out there is the LG LST-4200A. If you
have problems with the Samsung, try the LG. I live about 60 miles away
from the transmission towers and my reception is perfect.

--
Deja Moo: I've seen this bullshit before.

My address has been anti-spammed.
Please reply to: scasse@invalid.net replacing invalid with sonic.
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 11:26:56 AM

Look at the Gold sponsors from this forum (Top of page). Value
electronics carries the LG STB's.

--
rcbridge
October 27, 2004 12:37:44 PM

"kw5kw" <qwerty.kw5kw@swbell.net.qwerty> wrote in message
> Best buy should have the LG LST3510 DVD and Digital OTA reciver.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=107662857141...
product
> I have one, works great.
> I also have a US Digital HDTV tuner from Walmart...
> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2... I have one
of
> these also (at work)... steel building, 25 to 30 miles from transmitters,
> rabbit ears, and a great picure. I have drops sure, but considering, I'm
> very happy. (But, I'd kill for an outside antenna!) I can get all but 2
> local stations, one of those is a low power that is not broadcasting
digital
> anything right now, and the other is a local station that my rabbit ears
> won't lock on the digital signal, the analog signal still gets thru on
both,
> if I have to that is.

Got one of those $198.00 at Walmart, impulse buy. It doesn't have the
ability to receive NTSC stations. The Samsung SIR-451 (4th generation
tuner) is much better at $249.00, you can find it mail order on the
internet. It receives NTSC, ATSC, has more outputs and does QAM on Cable.
For some reason the SIR-350 (third generation Samsung) is selling
remanufactured for $180 on ebay. I've used a 4th generation Samsung tuner
and it's pretty good. Works well in all but the most severe reception
areas.

> "Bob Robertson" <brobertson@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Hey guys - got an HDTV delivered last night so I went out shopping for
> > over the air receiver/tuners. After going to 3 places (Circuit City,
> > Bestbuy, Fry's), I came home empty handed. They were all out or didn't
> > even carry them!(One guy at BB didn't even know what they were) Are we
> > in the middle of switching generations (The BB guy 'thought' they were
> > out b/c of this and they won't be getting anything in for a month) or
> > are these being phased out all together and I'm going to have to go with
> > Satellite or cable? Also, if a new generation of OTA receivers is
> > coming when will those be arriving?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bob

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 5:42:27 PM

rcbridge (rcbridge.1es90l@satelliteguys.us) wrote in alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
> Look at the Gold sponsors from this forum (Top of page). Value
> electronics carries the LG STB's.

This is not a web-based "forum". This is a newsgroup. There is no "top
of page".

The fact that you are reading messages from this newsgroup on a web-based
forum doesn't change that fact.

--
Jeff Rife |
SPAM bait: | http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/RhymesWithOrange/BigDogs.g...

rcbridge Wrote:
> Look at the Gold sponsors from this forum (Top of page). Value
> electronics carries the LG STB's.

I don't think rcbridge realized that this was a newsgroup forum. It is
also viewable/postable from the satelliteguys.us site.

caeyathompson
October 27, 2004 9:59:06 PM

<cjdaytonjrnospam@cox.net> wrote in message
> "kw5kw" <qwerty.kw5kw@swbell.net.qwerty> wrote:
> > Best buy should have the LG LST3510 DVD and Digital OTA reciver.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=107662857141...
> > pe=product I have one, works great.
> > I also have a US Digital HDTV tuner from Walmart...
> > http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2... I have one
> > of these also (at work)... steel building, 25 to 30 miles from
> > transmitters, rabbit ears, and a great picure. I have drops sure, but
> > considering, I'm very happy. (But, I'd kill for an outside antenna!) I
> > can get all but 2 local stations, one of those is a low power that is
not
> > broadcasting digital anything right now, and the other is a local
station
> > that my rabbit ears won't lock on the digital signal, the analog signal
> > still gets thru on both, if I have to that is.
> >
> > Try those.
> >
> > Russ
> >
> How could an analog signal come in on the US Digital tuner?
> I thought it was ATSC only. Did they change the receiver?
> Chip

I missphrased that... I kept my NTSC tuner hooked up thru a splitter, and
use the tuner on the Pinnacle TV card for analog, I use the S video input
for the High Def, and I use the component video input for DVD's.
That is my setup at work now. The cheapest rabbit ears work for both analog
and Digital. Have to adjust slightly for different stations is the only
drawback.

I'd kill for an outside antenna at work... and I've actually been promised
one by the maintence staff.

October 27, 2004 11:28:22 PM

Good god man, do you understand that your Svideo connection is not capable
of HD input? You are missing a world of resolution! I would use a
component switch for HD and DVD, because both can do better than svideo. If
not a switch, I would use the svideo for DVD and component for HD.

--Dan

> I missphrased that... I kept my NTSC tuner hooked up thru a splitter, and
> use the tuner on the Pinnacle TV card for analog, I use the S video input
> for the High Def, and I use the component video input for DVD's.
> That is my setup at work now. The cheapest rabbit ears work for both
analog
> and Digital. Have to adjust slightly for different stations is the only
> drawback.
>
> I'd kill for an outside antenna at work... and I've actually been promised
> one by the maintence staff.
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 2:13:46 AM

Yes I am reading these from Satellite guys!!

--
rcbridge
October 28, 2004 5:32:23 AM

caeyathompson (caeyathompson.1eszmw@satelliteguys.us) wrote in alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
> I don't think rcbridge realized that this was a newsgroup forum. It is
> also viewable/postable from the satelliteguys.us site.

I know, and that's the problem.

Among other things, the posting system there doesn't keep track of correct
threading because it uses the "References" headers incorrectly. Add that
to the fact that web-forum people don't believe in quoting to provide
context, and you end up with a useless mess when it hits the newsgroup.

--
Jeff Rife | "Hey, dogs guard.
SPAM bait: | Cats watch...and judge."

"kw5kw" <qwerty.kw5kw@swbell.net.qwerty> wrote in message

> I use the S video input
> for the High Def, and I use the component video input for DVD's.

========================
S-Video is incapable of doing HD.
You are only getting SD.
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 12:59:16 PM

"Jeff Rigby" <jeffg212@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "kw5kw" <qwerty.kw5kw@swbell.net.qwerty> wrote in message
> > Best buy should have the LG LST3510 DVD and Digital OTA reciver.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=107662857141...
> product
> > I have one, works great.
> > I also have a US Digital HDTV tuner from Walmart...
> > http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2... I have one
> of
> > these also (at work)... steel building, 25 to 30 miles from
transmitters,
> > rabbit ears, and a great picure. I have drops sure, but considering,
I'm
> > very happy. (But, I'd kill for an outside antenna!) I can get all but
2
> > local stations, one of those is a low power that is not broadcasting
> digital
> > anything right now, and the other is a local station that my rabbit ears
> > won't lock on the digital signal, the analog signal still gets thru on
> both,
> > if I have to that is.
> >
> Got one of those $198.00 at Walmart, impulse buy. It doesn't have the
> ability to receive NTSC stations. The Samsung SIR-451 (4th generation
> tuner) is much better at $249.00, you can find it mail order on the
> internet. It receives NTSC, ATSC, has more outputs and does QAM on Cable.

I just got a Samsung SIR-T451 via mail order. It does not pick up NTSC
signals, however I get most of the digital signal with rabbit ears.
October 29, 2004 5:51:50 PM

In article <KlRfd.4961$bP2.4570@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,
qwerty.kw5kw@swbell.net.qwerty says...

> I'd kill for an outside antenna at work... and I've actually been promised
> one by the maintence staff.

Yeah. It's hard enough watching TV at work; what with those pesky tasks the
boss expects us to complete. <G>
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 7:56:18 PM

I'm the IT guy at my POE...
When I'm not addressing IT problems it can get pretty boaring. I now
average only one or two calls per week for stuff that I can't do at my desk.
Even if I have to work on a 'box' then I bring it to my 'lab' to work on it,
that way the workers can still use their desk while I'm working on the
'box'. While I'm formating, loading software, what else is there to do but
play on line poker and / or watch tv.

Hard job, but somebody has to do it.

Russ

"Mistress" <mistress@s&m.org> wrote in message
> In article <KlRfd.4961$bP2.4570@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,
> qwerty.kw5kw@swbell.net.qwerty says...
> >
> > I'd kill for an outside antenna at work... and I've actually been
promised
> > one by the maintence staff.
> >

> Yeah. It's hard enough watching TV at work; what with those pesky tasks
the
> boss expects us to complete. <G>

Anonymous
October 29, 2004 8:00:48 PM

I'm watching this on a 17 Mag View monitor using a Pinnacle Video capture/
NTSC TV tuner PCI card in my pc... I don't care about resolution... my
average window is 3". All I want is the picture, after all... I'm at work,
and the picture that I'm getting kills the analog signal anyway.

Russ

<huge smiles and grins>

"dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Good god man, do you understand that your Svideo connection is not capable
> of HD input? You are missing a world of resolution! I would use a
> component switch for HD and DVD, because both can do better than svideo.
If
> not a switch, I would use the svideo for DVD and component for HD.
>
> --Dan
>
> "kw5kw" <qwerty.kw5kw@swbell.net.qwerty> wrote in message
> > I missphrased that... I kept my NTSC tuner hooked up thru a splitter,
and
> > use the tuner on the Pinnacle TV card for analog, I use the S video
input
> > for the High Def, and I use the component video input for DVD's.
> > That is my setup at work now. The cheapest rabbit ears work for both
> analog
> > and Digital. Have to adjust slightly for different stations is the only
> > drawback.
> >
> > I'd kill for an outside antenna at work... and I've actually been
promised
> > one by the maintence staff.

Anonymous
October 29, 2004 8:01:57 PM

I know, but at least I'm getting a picture... keeps me from being boared to
death.
Russ

!