Windows Update issue

When I click on my windows update link it is giving me an error code .....
0x80072EFD
When I go to the problem database I was able to find the code listed but
when opening the message containing the fix the page is blank. I have fixed
my windows pop up blocker to allow window update, but still no luck. Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Darron T.

Hi Darrron,

Try: http://www.updatexp.com/0x80072efd.html

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Darron A. Tytler" <datman@alltel.net> wrote in message
> When I click on my windows update link it is giving me an error code .....
> 0x80072EFD
> When I go to the problem database I was able to find the code listed but
> when opening the message containing the fix the page is blank. I have
> fixed my windows pop up blocker to allow window update, but still no luck.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Darron T.

Thanks Rick,
It was Norton Internet Security 2005 that I have installed on my Sony Vaio.
One of the fixes worked on the site that you recommended. It was a firewall
issue as I suspected.
Thanks Again,
Darron T.

> Hi Darrron,
>
> Try: http://www.updatexp.com/0x80072efd.html
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Darron A. Tytler" <datman@alltel.net> wrote in message
>> When I click on my windows update link it is giving me an error code
>> ..... 0x80072EFD
>> When I go to the problem database I was able to find the code listed but
>> when opening the message containing the fix the page is blank. I have
>> fixed my windows pop up blocker to allow window update, but still no
>> luck. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Darron T.

Hi Darron,