Sign in with
Your question

7600gt memory @ 900mhz!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 6, 2007 8:12:20 PM

Hi
I have recently oced my 7600gt to 650mhz core and 825mhz mem. I noticed that in 3D mark, artifacts are visible in memory speeds greater than the one above. Yesterday I got a bit curious about how high my memory could go, so I pushed it to 900mhz using ATI tool and ran 3D mark 06. I couldnt see 1 single artifact!!! (no voltmodding or anything btw)

Can someone explain this? How come it artifacts at 830mhz but not at 900mhz? 8O

Also, I only ran 3d mark once without playing any games. Im not sure how much the card can stand those speeds. :? (was immagining the memory chips flying off the card any moment :lol:  )

More about : 7600gt memory 900mhz

April 6, 2007 10:07:55 PM

Quote:
Hi
I have recently oced my 7600gt to 650mhz core and 825mhz mem. I noticed that in 3D mark, artifacts are visible in memory speeds greater than the one above. Yesterday I got a bit curious about how high my memory could go, so I pushed it to 900mhz using ATI tool and ran 3D mark 06. I couldnt see 1 single artifact!!! (no voltmodding or anything btw)

Can someone explain this? How come it artifacts at 830mhz but not at 900mhz? 8O

Also, I only ran 3d mark once without playing any games. Im not sure how much the card can stand those speeds. :? (was immagining the memory chips flying off the card any moment :lol:  )

Did you change the fan speed at all when you used both of those speeds? Did the room temperature change? Maybe it overheated because of lack of airflow when you did the 825 mhz, but the room was colder when you did the 900 mhz. I know it's highly unlikely, but it's worth some speculation :p 
April 6, 2007 10:54:39 PM

You should test for artifacts using that function in ATI Tray Tools, it will give you a more precise and less subjective measure.
April 7, 2007 8:16:52 AM

I always set the fan to 100% in high perf 3D. I tried it a bit more. Games work perfectly, but then I tried ATI tool....:lol: 

The top quarter of the of the box becomes a yellow jagged square :o 
I bet that explains it :wink:
!