Some questions on tape drives

I am interested in getting a tape drive for backup purposes. I am using
Windows XP. I am looking at an IBM TR-5 drive, but it doesn't come with any
software. Can I simply install it in my XP without additional software?
Can I use "Backup My PC". If I can do both, what kind of additional
functionality do I get with "Backup My PC"? What is the speed if the TR5
with an IDE interface? How about a SCSI interface?

Don J

Thats quite the extreme for a back-up,the file transfer wizard works great as
one,then transfer to a cd.If a true backup to a hd is a must,a IDE works
better
than a SCSI or SATA drive,reason being,with a IDE you can put as slave to
C: (master),then run XCOPY,XCOPY will mirror the hd,and the software is
already on xp,format the hd,set as slave,go to run,type:XCOPY C:\*.* D:\
/c/h/e/k/
r D: being the slave drive,agree to all in the DOS window.