Please help, no signal to monitor.

jamesdorey

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2007
Hi,

I've just built a new Rig and after installing a couple of silverstone thermaltake extreme spirit 2's my pc is no longer displaying a signal on the monitor.

All was fine until I installed the after market heatsyncs on the north and south bridges. I've dismantled everything and rebulit it twice and am still having the same problem.

The monitor is fine as its test screen is active when not plugged into the graphics card and i've tried each of my mobos PCI-E Slots.

Oddly the keyboard even though plugged in does not display any lights as it would do when the PC normally boots.

A couple of things spring to mind;

1. Physical damage to the motherboard while installing the spirits?

2. Physical damage to ther graphics card?

Does anyone have any further suggestions on how I could troubleshoot the problem?

RIG:

E6600 (@ 3.4)
Asus P5N32-E PLUS
2 GIG Mushkin 6400
Monsoon 2 TEC CPU cooler.

Cheers in advance.

J.

jamesdorey

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2007
hello mate thanks for the quick reply.

Sad to say I've tried that already. I'm really worried I've either fried the chipsets or something equally terminal.

j.

jamesdorey

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2007
Agreed but it is possible if I had maybe poorly mounted the new heatsyncs?
I don't think thats the case though....Please read on!!!

Was horrified just now to see smoke bellowing out from the back of the PC. I think the graphics card just blew up. Problem now diagnosed. :evil:

Thanks for all the help....

J.

minizzle

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
omg man i've had the this problem for a few weeks.. with no montior signal..

ive tried many things...

and i came to it that the MOTHERBOARD is prolly the culprit..

im gonna try replacing the mobo in a week or two..

jamesdorey

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2007
Agreed but it is possible if I had maybe poorly mounted the new heatsyncs?
I don't think thats the case though....Please read on!!!

Was horrified just now to see smoke bellowing out from the back of the PC. I think the graphics card just blew up. Problem now diagnosed. :evil:

Thanks for all the help....

J.

cool. 99% of the time no display but computer running normally is video card or monitor problem

Well, Its certainly the graphics card...Luckily its only a 35 quid job 7100 from maplins that I got last week to tide me over untill the 8900 is out in a couple of weeks. Still going to return that bad boy though. Jeeze my flat stinks of electrical burnout. :roll: