X-fi, X-530s, vista, no rear sound.

Skooma

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
I recently got a new pc from dell, it has vista home premium installed and an X-fi Xtreme Music, i am using Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers.

The problem im having with the card is with the surround sound. If i goto control panel->sound and then go to speaker configuration and test each speaker all 5 speakers and the sub work.

If i play a game (or i suppose listen to music, but they arent usually in surround sound), or do a test using creative diagnostics, only the front center left and right and the sub work, no rear speakers(instead when it tests the rear speakers it comes out of the front left or right channels), no surround sound. I have the speakers set to 5.1 in in the windows sound configuration, and in the creative audio console.

Any ideas what the problem could be? Also i have the mode set to gaming. Thanks.

mirski57

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2007
Have you tried the latest Vista drivers off of creative's site ?

I have an X-fi Fatal1ty, so I'm not sure how much of a difference there would be, but I have 7.1 speakers, and they all work fine in Vista applications and in my games like BF2142.