airsoft anyone?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 21, 2004 5:09:16 PM

http://www.gunshopworld.co.uk/product_details.asp?PID=2...

!!

Check the mpg

More about : airsoft

Anonymous
April 21, 2004 5:12:38 PM

"Amarak" <amarakthe@bodycomcast.net> wrote in message
news:2Ithc.10307$GR.1260101@attbi_s01...
> TJ wrote:
> > http://www.gunshopworld.co.uk/product_details.asp?PID=2...
> >
> > !!
> >
> > Check the mpg
> >

> I would have to say, OWWWWWWWW. That looks like it would sting just a
> tad!!!

But it makes a really pathetic girly noise doesn't it. Couldn't they have
added some sound effects from 'Predator' or something.
You'd feel like a bit of a wanker if you paid 5.5 grand for something that
made a noise like that :-)
April 21, 2004 11:12:52 PM

"TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
> http://www.gunshopworld.co.uk/product_details.asp?PID=2...
>
> !!

Yes, I've seen one of these in action shredding up boxes and cans. It's not
the price of the unit one has to worry about, it's the price of the bb's!

I've even seen one modded to the side of a cub 90 moped, rofl!

£1/sec !!!

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

ive seen a paintball mini gun once. an old mate of mine was gonna get
1. sure would bring a new style of graffitti. at the moment im hoping
to save up for an M4 SOPMOD airsoft gun.
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 12:31:00 PM

"TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
> http://www.gunshopworld.co.uk/product_details.asp?PID=2...
>
> !!
>
> Check the mpg

What are you doing on that site TJ? Isn't that a site for 'chaver'
ninjas?
April 22, 2004 1:57:16 PM

> What are you doing on that site TJ? Isn't that a site for 'chaver'
> ninjas?

The other week I replaced my old and broken air rifle with a new webley
Xocet. However while at the gunsmiths I tried out various other bits of kit,
including a PCP (Pre charged Pneumatic) air rifle.

To say I was blown away is about right. Zero 'recoil' (actually spring
effects) as associated with a normal sprung air rifle, the accuracy of the
things is awesome, not to mention the ability to fire consistently well
without the progressive tireing due to repeated barrel breaking/cocking etc.
All reports say that 1 hole groups at 25 yards are easily possible with a
correctly set up gun :)

In my usual vain, i "have to have one" now, and so I'm in the market for
another air rifle at the minute, and also looking at joining a field target
club or so.

Models im considering right now are the Air Arms S400/410 range (beautiful
guns), Webley Venon Viper, Spectre or Raider, and the Weihrauch HK100, nice
but pricey.
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 1:57:17 PM

> > What are you doing on that site TJ? Isn't that a site for 'chaver'
> > ninjas?
> >

> The other week I replaced my old and broken air rifle with a new webley
> Xocet. However while at the gunsmiths I tried out various other bits of
kit,
> including a PCP (Pre charged Pneumatic) air rifle.
>
> To say I was blown away is about right. Zero 'recoil' (actually spring
> effects) as associated with a normal sprung air rifle, the accuracy of the
> things is awesome, not to mention the ability to fire consistently well
> without the progressive tireing due to repeated barrel breaking/cocking
etc.
> All reports say that 1 hole groups at 25 yards are easily possible with a
> correctly set up gun :)
>

> In my usual vain, i "have to have one" now, and so I'm in the market for
> another air rifle at the minute, and also looking at joining a field
target
> club or so.
>
> Models im considering right now are the Air Arms S400/410 range (beautiful
> guns), Webley Venon Viper, Spectre or Raider, and the Weihrauch HK100,
nice
> but pricey.

They're just toys TJ :-)
Get a proper gun!
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 1:57:17 PM

"TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
> > What are you doing on that site TJ? Isn't that a site for 'chaver'
> > ninjas?
> >

> The other week I replaced my old and broken air rifle with a new webley
> Xocet. However while at the gunsmiths I tried out various other bits of
kit,
> including a PCP (Pre charged Pneumatic) air rifle.
>
> To say I was blown away is about right. Zero 'recoil' (actually spring
> effects) as associated with a normal sprung air rifle, the accuracy of the
> things is awesome, not to mention the ability to fire consistently well
> without the progressive tireing due to repeated barrel breaking/cocking
etc.
> All reports say that 1 hole groups at 25 yards are easily possible with a
> correctly set up gun :)
>

> In my usual vain, i "have to have one" now, and so I'm in the market for
> another air rifle at the minute, and also looking at joining a field
target
> club or so.
>
> Models im considering right now are the Air Arms S400/410 range (beautiful
> guns), Webley Venon Viper, Spectre or Raider, and the Weihrauch HK100,
nice
> but pricey.

What you really need is one of these :-)
http://www.southern-gun.co.uk/
April 22, 2004 2:01:29 PM

> But it makes a really pathetic girly noise doesn't it. Couldn't they have
> added some sound effects from 'Predator' or something.
> You'd feel like a bit of a wanker if you paid 5.5 grand for something that
> made a noise like that :-)

Yup, the sound of the BB's hitting the tin is louder than the gun! (which
sounds like a mouse farting in a jar)
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 2:05:31 PM

"TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
> > What are you doing on that site TJ? Isn't that a site for 'chaver'
> > ninjas?
> >

> The other week I replaced my old and broken air rifle with a new
webley
> Xocet. However while at the gunsmiths I tried out various other bits
of kit,
> including a PCP (Pre charged Pneumatic) air rifle.
>
> To say I was blown away is about right. Zero 'recoil' (actually
spring
> effects) as associated with a normal sprung air rifle, the accuracy
of the
> things is awesome, not to mention the ability to fire consistently
well
> without the progressive tireing due to repeated barrel
breaking/cocking etc.
> All reports say that 1 hole groups at 25 yards are easily possible
with a
> correctly set up gun :)
>

> In my usual vain, i "have to have one" now, and so I'm in the market
for
> another air rifle at the minute, and also looking at joining a field
target
> club or so.
>
> Models im considering right now are the Air Arms S400/410 range
(beautiful
> guns), Webley Venon Viper, Spectre or Raider, and the Weihrauch
HK100, nice
> but pricey.

Target shooting is fun I agree, but, ninja swords....?
I think they're banning the sale of them soon anyway. Certainly here
in Glasgow they are the 'must have' accessory for many men about
town.....
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 5:19:43 PM

"[RM]Wolfy" <thenomeaningnofx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ive seen a paintball mini gun once. an old mate of mine was gonna get
> 1. sure would bring a new style of graffitti. at the moment im hoping
> to save up for an M4 SOPMOD airsoft gun.

Ahhh, the "Realistic Action Marker" (RAM). Great fun. Even ejects the
shells, and has a really great action.

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

I used to play airsoft regularly, I own a M16A2, an M4A1 and a Thompson
M1A1 all electric powered as well as a gas blowback M1911A1. In answer to
what mvillanu wrote I would tend to agree with what he said. I prefer much
more to any paintball game I've ever played and it does have the potential
to be much more tactical than paintball and much much cheaper. However as
was observed it does end up as a spray and pray exercise for many due to the
clockwork hi capacity magazines that are available, for example the "30
round" size mags I have for my M1A1 TSMG have a 420 BB capacity so for many
the temptation the press the trigger and hope is too strong. I've seen many
players get through maybe 2 - 3 bags of BBs (3700 per bag @ £10-15 a bag) in
a day while I have perhaps fired 3/4 - 1 full bag at most. Also the comment
regards gun types is valid to a point. Choosing between say an MP5 or an
AK47 is mostly a matter of preference but there are advantages and
disadvantages to different guns. An MP5 is very handy so is great in
FIBUA/CQB games but has short barrel so is not as long ranged or accurate in
woodland games. The M16A2 is obviously less handy in CQB but has a nice long
barrel and if tweaked and maintained well makes a good sniper rifle while
still having the full auto feature that the PSG1 and bolt action rifles
don't have. Also the type of gun does affect battery size, fixed stock
weapons carry a battery in the butt which is big enough to last a full days
play on a full charge while folding stock weapons usually have a smaller
capacity battery in the fore grip that most likely will run out in the
middle of a game, not good. And of course I know many of the players at the
site I've mainly played at (http://www.combatsouth.co.uk/cswoodland.htm)
were avid OFP players too!
I've since got involved in WW2 re-enacting so I don't airsoft so much
and keeping an M1 Garand or Thompson fed with blank ammo is a much more
expensive proposition!

---
April 22, 2004 11:30:24 PM

Many years ago I owned a Weirach, I think it was an 82. It had a beautiful
slide zoom on the scope, from 2x up to 16x magnification. It was deadly
accurate and a dream to fire. Unfortunately my mother found out about it
and dragged made me take it ack to the gunshop where they ripped my eyes out
buying back a 'used rifle'. Lost 50 quid of my hard earned cash :-/

"TarnishUK" <yougo@kissmyarsespammergit.com> wrote in message
> I used to play airsoft regularly, I own a M16A2, an M4A1 and a Thompson
> M1A1 all electric powered as well as a gas blowback M1911A1. In answer to
> what mvillanu wrote I would tend to agree with what he said. I prefer
much
> more to any paintball game I've ever played and it does have the potential
> to be much more tactical than paintball and much much cheaper. However as
> was observed it does end up as a spray and pray exercise for many due to
the
> clockwork hi capacity magazines that are available, for example the "30
> round" size mags I have for my M1A1 TSMG have a 420 BB capacity so for
many
> the temptation the press the trigger and hope is too strong. I've seen
many
> players get through maybe 2 - 3 bags of BBs (3700 per bag @ £10-15 a bag)
in
> a day while I have perhaps fired 3/4 - 1 full bag at most. Also the
comment
> regards gun types is valid to a point. Choosing between say an MP5 or an
> AK47 is mostly a matter of preference but there are advantages and
> disadvantages to different guns. An MP5 is very handy so is great in
> FIBUA/CQB games but has short barrel so is not as long ranged or accurate
in
> woodland games. The M16A2 is obviously less handy in CQB but has a nice
long
> barrel and if tweaked and maintained well makes a good sniper rifle while
> still having the full auto feature that the PSG1 and bolt action rifles
> don't have. Also the type of gun does affect battery size, fixed stock
> weapons carry a battery in the butt which is big enough to last a full
days
> play on a full charge while folding stock weapons usually have a smaller
> capacity battery in the fore grip that most likely will run out in the
> middle of a game, not good. And of course I know many of the players at
the
> site I've mainly played at (http://www.combatsouth.co.uk/cswoodland.htm)
> were avid OFP players too!
> I've since got involved in WW2 re-enacting so I don't airsoft so much
> and keeping an M1 Garand or Thompson fed with blank ammo is a much more
> expensive proposition!
>

> ---

April 23, 2004 1:05:42 AM

> They're just toys TJ :-)
> Get a proper gun!

Yeh but I can fire 2000 shots per day in my back garden and relatives
properties without restrictions. If I did by an FAC rifle i'd never get to
fire it, my time at the weekends is limited.

If I do apply for my FAC this year it'll just be for a shotgun for sporting
clay shooting occasionally, but then my sister and family have reasonable
shotguns, so again, it'd just be a toy for the sake of it, although Im
surrounded by farms, there is also a lot of horses here, and the land owners
aint keen to let you on ( I still have to try persuade them to let me on
with the air rifle).

Besides, I couldnt resist the temptation to fire any gun from my back
garden, and living next to an airport I dont think it'd be long before I was
doing 5 years for constructive armed trespass on airport property :(

(and i'd probably nail the burglars too, I just cant trust meself :p )

Interestingly the Bursar I work for at a School near here has several guns,
including a .22 centerfire, and also the same air rifle as I am looking at.
He tells me that he worries a lot about ricochets with the .22 because in
the main he is shooting at lower ranges, ranges that are still within the
scope of a decent non FAC air gun.

Horses for courses I guess.

My best moment this week was 6 consecutive hits to a telegraph pole at
around 25 yards, shooting from the hip :)  cant wait to try it with 2!!

TJ
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 1:38:46 AM

"TarnishUK" <yougo@kissmyarsespammergit.com> wrote in message
> I used to play airsoft regularly, I own a M16A2, an M4A1 and a Thompson
> M1A1 all electric powered as well as a gas blowback M1911A1. In answer to
> what mvillanu wrote I would tend to agree with what he said. I prefer
much
> more to any paintball game I've ever played and it does have the potential
> to be much more tactical than paintball and much much cheaper.

Hey Tarnish. Me 2. Though I haven't actually skirmished in over a year now.
My work is keeping me busy at weekends, but I'd love to get involved again
:)

> However as
> was observed it does end up as a spray and pray exercise for many due to
the
> clockwork hi capacity magazines that are available, for example the "30
> round" size mags I have for my M1A1 TSMG have a 420 BB capacity so for
many
> the temptation the press the trigger and hope is too strong. I've seen
many
> players get through maybe 2 - 3 bags of BBs (3700 per bag @ £10-15 a bag)
in
> a day while I have perhaps fired 3/4 - 1 full bag at most.

I get through about 1/3 bag a day. That's because I don't use my hi-caps, as
they take away the fun element for me. Perhaps I might use one at the end of
the day if I feel I haven't sprayed enough, or if the foliage (read:
FireFight's site) is 8' high and you need a big extra to punch through the
stems!

Also, I use my pistol (Glock 19) more often than not. It's far more
satisfying, you don't end up hot and sweaty with a heavy rifle and also it
shoot straighter (0.23g excel ammo) and further than my m4. It's very
accurate!

> Also the comment
> regards gun types is valid to a point. Choosing between say an MP5 or an
> AK47 is mostly a matter of preference but there are advantages and
> disadvantages to different guns. An MP5 is very handy so is great in
> FIBUA/CQB games but has short barrel so is not as long ranged or accurate
in
> woodland games. The M16A2 is obviously less handy in CQB but has a nice
long
> barrel and if tweaked and maintained well makes a good sniper rifle while

The only real difference here is barrel length, and ammo capacity. And
unless you are a girl - weight.

> still having the full auto feature that the PSG1 and bolt action rifles
> don't have. Also the type of gun does affect battery size, fixed stock
> weapons carry a battery in the butt which is big enough to last a full
days
> play on a full charge while folding stock weapons usually have a smaller

Sniper rifles now banned at most sites!

> capacity battery in the fore grip that most likely will run out in the
> middle of a game, not good. And of course I know many of the players at
the
> site I've mainly played at (http://www.combatsouth.co.uk/cswoodland.htm)
> were avid OFP players too!

> I've since got involved in WW2 re-enacting so I don't airsoft so much
> and keeping an M1 Garand or Thompson fed with blank ammo is a much more
> expensive proposition!

Niiiiice :)  Take one of those to site and fire it, see wot happens! (I've
found expensed shotgun shells on site before!)

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

> > They're just toys TJ :-)
> > Get a proper gun!
>

> Yeh but I can fire 2000 shots per day in my back garden and relatives
> properties without restrictions. If I did by an FAC rifle i'd never get to
> fire it, my time at the weekends is limited.

I know the feeling for various reasons I'm only getting to shoot about every
6 weeks at the moment, about as often as I get to play OFP online :-(
!