Sign in with
Your question

p4 3.0e prescott temps

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
April 7, 2007 2:46:55 AM

i know these run hot but mine idles at 47C and loads at 65C-73C. thats not what i was expecting. im using a masscool cooler that is supposedly rated for prescott 3.4Ghz. no overclocking being done. this same pc ran p4 northwood 2.8 at 37C idle 46C-50C load yesterday. im using arctic silver ceramique, which id like to blame for it, but i hear that stuff is just as good as the arctic silver 5 but easier to work with (the reason i got it in the first place). any advice? all temps are taken with asus probe which i know blows but i cant find my mb in MBM5. anything else i could use to monitor temps? thanks in advance for any useful replies.

p4 prescott 3.0Ghz
asus p4v800d-x
1gb patriot pc3200 mem
saphire radeon x1650pro agp 8x

More about : prescott temps

April 7, 2007 11:51:53 AM

Mine runs 65°C OCed to 3.4GHz on stockcooler so I think you temps are a bit high.
April 7, 2007 8:32:50 PM

Quote:
break out the hot dogs :wink: when you are finished computing with it rig the socket and cpu to your oil pan in the winter for a block warmer. :wink: or wire it up to the barbeque for a hotplate. :^)
Like so? :D  :D  :D 

Related resources
April 7, 2007 9:02:57 PM

Quote:
break out the hot dogs :wink: when you are finished computing with it rig the socket and cpu to your oil pan in the winter for a block warmer. :wink: or wire it up to the barbeque for a hotplate. :^)
Like so? :D  :D  :D 

Why did you have to post that? I am friggin' hungry! :( 
April 7, 2007 11:11:35 PM

:lol:  .... and what abput water 'cooling':
April 8, 2007 12:04:38 AM

That is a bit hot. I have a tuniq tower on my 3.2 prescott. was going to upgrade to a core 2 duo board and processor but I'd have to keep all m yold parts. so I decided to just nab a new hard drive and a cpu cooler till I can save up enough cash for a enthusiast rig..Got 1200 saved up now...3 grand more to go.

But yea...I had to drop my thermtaltake bigwater for a tuniq tower since the bigwater is horrid. Never buying a kit again..next time either getting a custom water cooling solution or one of those below 0 cooling solutions.

Make sure though that your not using too much compound. On my tuniq tower on default settings I'm idling at 42..and load is 48...I have to admit I love this tuniq tower. Scary to think it can keep a prescott this cool...the cooling for a c2d on this sucker is impressive...Just reapply your thermal solution (hopefully your using AS5)...And reseat the sucker.
!