I see it hasn't taken long for the pc component industry to jump on the floods in Asia and rank up the prices.

Have been asked to spec up a pc and was shocked on how the price of a 1TB HDD has tripled.

I bought 2 of these early this year for £40 a pop now @ £140 :ouch:

http://www.ebuyer.com/173804-samsung-hd103sj-spinpoint-f3-1tb-hard-drive-sataii-7200rpm-32mb-cache-hd103sj

Yes, I know supplies will use the excuse about stock turnover, but the supply channels don't work on keeping the minimum amount at hand, as they wouldn't get the best prices for buying bulk.

Nothing but profiteering !!

In Australia, I see some shop double the price. They were about $85 for 1TB drive and now it is about $160. But somehow Big W is selling WD external drive for about $70 this week on special. They obviously don't know what is going on.

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

I read a warning about this a couple of weeks back and couldn't believe the stupidity of the manufacturers for putting all their manufacturing facilities in such a small area in Thailand. Talk about eggs in baskets.

Every disk is dated and anyone paying over the odds for one made in August or earlier should go to Trading Standards.

TRENDING THREADS