Sign in with
Your question

what do you think of Linksys WRT300N router?

Last response: in Networking
February 15, 2007 12:58:10 AM

I need you guys recommendation for N class wireless router. My current linksys WRT54G router is dam slow for some reason.

I am thinking of getting this one. Is it faster than most current G routers on the market?
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2...

More about : linksys wrt300n router

February 15, 2007 11:42:46 PM

It will only be faster if you have an N client. If your computer only supports G, then you will only get G speeds. I suspect the WRT54G is not the root of your problem. Have you gone to any of the speedtest sites and/or www.grc.com to test your connection and your settings?

You couldhave other wireless networks or other devices interfering with your signal. Maybe all you have to do is change channels.

Honu
February 18, 2007 9:44:20 PM

Quote:
It will only be faster if you have an N client. If your computer only supports G, then you will only get G speeds. I suspect the WRT54G is not the root of your problem. Have you gone to any of the speedtest sites and/or www.grc.com to test your connection and your settings?

You couldhave other wireless networks or other devices interfering with your signal. Maybe all you have to do is change channels.

Honu

How do I change channels? Linksys doesn't have that feature build into its router. I did bandwidth test and it is dam weird. it is fast normally then speed seem to drop later on if I leave the PC on for entire day.
Related resources
!