Fire walls

I have EZ Armour fire wall and EX anti Virus protector on my computer that
came with my cable modem Is essential for me to install my windows XP Service
Pack 2?

In news:3BA249E4-AC7B-4162-B92D-413A7ECEEBE1@microsoft.com,
irishprincess <irishprincess@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I have EZ Armour fire wall and EX anti Virus protector on my
> computer
> that came with my cable modem Is essential for me to install my
> windows XP Service Pack 2?

"Necessary" is a very strong word. It might not be strictly
necessary, but I highly advise you to do so. SP2 gets a lot of
press because of its security improvements, but there's a lot
more to it that that. See "List of fixes included in Windows XP
Service Pack 2"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811113&Product=windowsxpsp2

Besides, despite the occasional person who has problems with it,
the great majority of those who install it have no problems at
all. Prepare properly, and you probably won't either. Read

Please reply to the newsgroup

Hi,

For the rest of the security updates, yes you should. SP2 is about more than
just the firewall.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/