C2D E4400 available, I think

adnoto

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
I figured this might warrant a new topic. It looks like the E4400 is available. I am going to email or call tomorrow to make sure but they say they have it in stock. Many of the other e-sellers still have it as being on backorder.

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
I figured this might warrant a new topic. It looks like the E4400 is available. I am going to email or call tomorrow to make sure but they say they have it in stock. Many of the other e-sellers still have it as being on backorder.

that's really interesting.. i thought E4400 comes out on April 22nd...and the sellers actually are willing to break the NDA...

but at 156 USD.... AMD better lower their prices more ... XD

adnoto

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
that's really interesting.. i thought E4400 comes out on April 22nd...and the sellers actually are willing to break the NDA...

but at 156 USD.... AMD better lower their prices more ... XD

Yeah well I had heard Apr. 22nd also but I have been checking them nearly every day since froogle began picking up the listings and most of the e-sellers listed Apr. 2nd as the ETA. Now, they weren't available on the 2nd but they just might be now. Most of the e-sellers are beginning to jack up the price from the pre-order price which leads me to believe they are close to having them in stock if they don't already. Either way the link I listed above says that particular store does have them and they better not be lying. :twisted:

I will be interested to see what happens on the 9th with the AMD price cuts. It is going to be an interesting spring/summer.

darious00777

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006

Be very wary.

A few things pop out at me. The 4400 is going to run at 2ghz with a front side bus of 800mhz, it's is an x86 processor with 64-bit capabilities, not a 32-bit processor.

Then again, could just be someone who wrote it doesn't know how to list specifications like we're used to. Go for it if you want, and in three weeks tell us if you get the part.

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
They may have it in stock, BUT:
"After your order is placed,
Allow approximately 2-3 weeks for delivery."
So is it really available now, or will they just take your money now?

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Could be, but I doubt it, there are just some sites like zipzoomfly that take forever to process your order and aren't newegg fast, I remember zzf took two weeks to get me my corsair dominator, and in that time corsair had switched from d9 IC to promos, and that really pissed me off because I had done my research and bought it on time, but they took forever to process the order, so there are just some very slow sites
That sucks....did you return them? :x

sactogw

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
it is available at a major retailer here (tired of name dropping). The same store had the 4300 for sale 2 weeks before the scheduled release. Kinda weird

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Decided to share a pic on my dad's PC:

lil-monster-2.jpg

Gawd.. I was actaully thinking of just getting the OEM E4300 ($133) from eWiz, and getting the Sunbeam CR-SW-775 ($19.99) to pair it up.

Though.. I guess I need to keep taking deep breaths, and just wait...

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGG....

:oops: <--twiches

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Errr.. its not a gaming rig. So the
7300GT is enough for him. And to run SLI on that MB, makes the cards run at X8 instead of X16, and wasn't exactly planning on SLI, but left it in as an option. And I'm quite aware it needs a CPU/RAM. :oops: <--still twiches

I just wanna put it together, and get it done and over with. :lol: . o O (as well as test it)

So you don't think the:

Sunbeam CR-SW-775

would be just as good <-(AC 7 pro) or better then the stock HSF?

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Not necessarily, not all motherboards will have to run sli at x8, it depends on how many pci_e pipelines your motherboard have, and newer gaming boards and higher grade boards have enough pipelines to run ful sli at x16, depends on the board again, same way how the qfx board has something like 64 pipelines, you could run full x16 sli on the first two spots, but you'd have to run the others at x8 or slower, but you'd have to be pretty stupid to buy 4 7600gt(s) or some small card instead of a single 8800gt(s/x)

The sunbeamtech is pretty much the exact samething, but since it's out of stock, I just said to find the acf7pro somewhere else for cheap, they're both pretty good coolers, especially for the price (I might like to mention they also can stand up to my very big waste of money zalman 9500)

I understand that not ALL MB will do that.

I don't understand why you are telling this, but if you don't believe that the MB I got for my dad, doesn't...

MSI P6N SLI-FI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

In the spec it says:

Two PCI Express X16 slots (supports PCI Express BUs specification v1.0a compliant) (The 2nd PCI Express X16 slot will operate at X8 mode when SLI Technology has been enabled)

It also says it in the manual. Also, it has a card, kinda like a dimm slot on a notebook, that you need to switch around to run SLI or non-SLI configurations, which causes speed changes. Its actually labled on the card:

x16/x1 non-sli on one side
x8/x8 SLI mode on the other

Now the Platinum version of this MB will run both x16... which I thought about getting for myself. :lol:

I notice that HSF was out of stock ( :cry: ), but it was in stock when I checked. Perhaps I'll just get the E4300 instead, and buy a better HS. After all its only 200mhz slower, but the x10 mulitpler looks attractive on the E4400.

Besides being nice to him in upgrading his system, his B-day is on the 22nd... (he is in is mid 60's)

adnoto

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
The E4400 is definitely out now. They are popping up all over the place. I find it curious that NewEgg doesn't have them yet... actually they probably do and just haven't listed them yet. They have the 4300 priced at $10 to $12 higher than what others are carrying the 4400 for. I really like NewEgg but this is just further proof that it pays to shop around first.

TRENDING THREADS