Million dollar reward 4 ur help (Not really But Please HELP)

puterblues

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2007
Computer keeps shutting down without going through the proper steps every time I play Supreme Commanders, Haven’t really tried anything as far as fixing the problem cause I really don’t know where to start. Had the same problem before with Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War but I installed Windows XP from Windows Vista and it’s been running perfect since then. And now this, don’t know if its softwar e or hardware related but here’s my systems specs:
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Motherboard NFORCE 680i SLI
Processor x86 Core Duo GenuineIntel ~2132 Mhz
Total Ram 3,072 MB (3 Gigs)
Sound Card Creative X-Fi Audio Processor
Graphics Card (2) NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS, on SLI
Hard Drive Space Over 1.5 Terabytes (total space is over three hard drives)
Power Supply Ultra 680 watts
Case Thermaltake Armor with liquid cooling
Fans 5 fans 1x 90mm fan for hard drives blowing in
1x 90mmat the top of case blowing in
1x 120mm fan at the back blowing out
2x dual Exhaust fans in the drive bay blowing in and out
Plus 2 more 120mm fans for the water cooling radiator in the front of the case blowing out.

Please help me on these one cause I have the slightest idea where to even start. Spent all my money on this system and it don’t wont to even act right so if anyone have any suggestion please let me know. And yeah I already have up-2-date drivers installed for vid cards and MB and pretty much all hardware.

:evil: :evil:

shadowed

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
OMG man... just send me your system and I'll look after it real nice :)

Seriously though, the first suspect I think would be POWER SUPPLY.

3x500g HD
dozen or so cooling fans, liquid cooling
2x 8800gts
3gbs ram

Is your gpus overclocked ?

Maybe try running just one gpu to see if this helps relieve some of the problem...

InteliotInside

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Computer keeps shutting down without going through the proper steps every time I play Supreme Commanders, Haven’t really tried anything as far as fixing the problem cause I really don’t know where to start. Had the same problem before with Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War but I installed Windows XP from Windows Vista and it’s been running perfect since then. And now this, don’t know if its softwar e or hardware related but here’s my systems specs:
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Motherboard NFORCE 680i SLI
Processor x86 Core Duo GenuineIntel ~2132 Mhz
Total Ram 3,072 MB (3 Gigs)
Sound Card Creative X-Fi Audio Processor
Graphics Card (2) NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS, on SLI
Hard Drive Space Over 1.5 Terabytes (total space is over three hard drives)
Power Supply Ultra 680 watts
Case Thermaltake Armor with liquid cooling
Fans 5 fans 1x 90mm fan for hard drives blowing in
1x 90mmat the top of case blowing in
1x 120mm fan at the back blowing out
2x dual Exhaust fans in the drive bay blowing in and out
Plus 2 more 120mm fans for the water cooling radiator in the front of the case blowing out.

Please help me on these one cause I have the slightest idea where to even start. Spent all my money on this system and it don’t wont to even act right so if anyone have any suggestion please let me know. And yeah I already have up-2-date drivers installed for vid cards and MB and pretty much all hardware.

:evil: :evil:

Right there.

Get a bigger PSU.

I recommend an 850w PSU.

oc

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2004
its definitely psu. and that some nice rig you got there. 8) Just to be sure listen to the other guys suggestions and remove some of the parts to reduce consumption. Do you work in nasa or something? 8O

shamoo

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005
PSU is under powered get a larger one make sure its of high quality. Those cheap as you can find PSU's just suck ultra is nice with a good warranty but you really need a larger psu.

shadowed

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Running those stress test benchmarks suggested above will help narrow it down.... but I am very supicious of buggy video drivers, especially if you had issues with Vista.

Jack

Good point Jack. The latest drivers are not always the best for your system as I found out with my gpu.

pignoli

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2007
I'll just add to other's suggestions that there is a known audio issue with SupComm and Audigy soundcards (I think). If the X-fi is audigy based you might want to look it up on th SupComm forums.