Sign in with
Your question

Quick Question About New Build and OS.

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
July 25, 2011 7:36:32 PM

Hey guys, I have just ordered all of the parts to my new build and I had a question with regard to the OS. I did not order an OS because I could purchase Windows 64 bit from my school for like 10 bucks or something. My main question is this: Do I just download the client or OS on my laptop, burn it a few cds and then install whenever my system first boots up?

Is there some instructions I can go off of? I am confident in building the computer itself, but when it comes to the software portion, I am apprehensive.

Thanks Again

More about : quick question build

a b $ Windows 7
July 25, 2011 7:52:20 PM

yes you burn the image to a *DVD* or make a bootable flash drive, then boot from which ever you choose and follow the prompts. it is really straight forward.
m
l
July 25, 2011 7:56:09 PM

skittle said:
yes you burn the image to a *DVD* or make a bootable flash drive, then boot from which ever you choose and follow the prompts. it is really straight forward.

Ok, I think I am trying to make things harder than they seem (really bad habit). So, when the file comes up to download, will it matter if its an iso or what? I know to download it, and not run it, just put it on some sort of medium. Are there any programs I need to use in order to do this?

Also, does a verification code come with the download? Or do you not need one for it?
m
l
July 25, 2011 8:09:45 PM

You download an ISO file and burn that to your DVD. You will need a special program to do that. That makes the DVD a bootable disk just like what you would receive if you bought Windows in a store.
m
l
!