Best place to buy a barebone from?

Melongod

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
After the price cuts, i plan to buy a barebone comp to turn into a gaming comp.

Was wondering if there were any places online i could buy a barebone system.

I've seen Mwave and smksuperstore.com.

thanks.

p.s. no i won't want to build the entire thing myself...

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
The last computer I bought before building was at JNCS

http://www.jncs.com/php/sys_by_type.php?catid=3&typeid=bun

Prices not bad and they send you the boxes, manuals, etc. I had replaced everything in the computer but the mobo and CPU up to that time and was afraid to tackle these. Eventually found out they're actually 2 of the easiest things to install

Planning on getting a mobo, CPU, and RAM and just checked the price the the identical stuff at JNCS vs newegg, i.e., putting it together my self and the price difference is about $75, which is about right if you're having someone putting it together for you.

thatguy32

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2006
Yeah, I have used Mwave before and they are very good for what you are looking at. Everthing in my barebones was assmebled and arrived in great shape. Good and trustworthy company. Good luck.

kitchenshark

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
I've built two Shuttle XPC's (One socket A and the other socket AM2) and I absolutely love them! They're great little computers.

Only thing though, the XPC's usually come with a bit smaller powersupplies. I did see one that was built for gaming with a 400watt PSU and it was a little pricey.

Still. The build quality and most everything about the systems are slick and make for a great little package. Give them a look. =)