nick111

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
What revision motherboard are they shipping and what is the latest that is being manufactured? I don't see this info anywhere. Not even ASUS site.

prong

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
What revision motherboard are they shipping and what is the latest that is being manufactured? I don't see this info anywhere. Not even ASUS site.

I'm not aware of any newer revision, but there certainly may be. BIOS version 1004 includes the capabality of 1066 mhz. FSB on the P5B Deluxe.

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
Hi Nick,

It seems our friend Hyggelik at this other thread has some useful information for you. He's using a Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP rev 1.04G. I also have a WiFi model and I'll tell you what revision I have when I get home.

-Z

Hyggelik

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2002
Yep, that is what I got from one of the closing CompUSA stores. But I do hear that there is also rev 1.10G but that might be wrong.

I did not install the OS as I am waiting to have my timout issue resolved, so I cannot tell you what stepping I have, but I also read somewhere that rev 1.04G is supposed to have C2 (vs. C1).
Here is some info on that.

Hope this helps.

For google I used something like:
P5B Deluxe 1.04G
P5B Deluxe 1.10G

nick111

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
Thanks for the help. What did you pay for the board?
Also if I do not plan on overclocking, not use Raid or multiple video cards, do you think buying a P5B Deluxe is too much for me, if so what boards would you suggest? Thanks alot

Hyggelik

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2002
I paid 182 (including Tax), which beat the newegg price by a little.
I chose this board because of several reasons.
- Previously I had good experience with ASUS boards in the past.
- I wanted to have more options, even though I am not using all the features now, I wanted to be able to be able to add more drives/add another video card etc.
- There were some pretty good reviews and also the OC capabilities seem to be complete
- The price was just too juicy to pass :wink:

Here is an earlier post asking a similar quistion.