WGL Pack - High Res skys and a strange event

Kieren

Installed the WGL mod (including the new island) and clicked the high
res skys install, not sure if this was wise I have a Geforce 440 MMX
graphics card (stop laughing at the back!!!)

Anyway I then fired up OFP to check the results, choose mission editor
and the small version of the enw island. Plonked a West private by
the houses on the small island...clicked preview and all looked good.
When I quit the editor and got back to the main menu where you choose
campaign, multiplayer options etc I could see an m16 barrel on the
screen and was free to fire, reload, look around etc etc as if in
game.

Just wondered if this was a sign of some impending doom to come or
just a quirk of the new mod???

Cheers

PS By refering to impending doom I am not refering to Revalations
Chapter 13 or anything like that just maybe a crash to desktop in the
middle of CTI :)

This isn't a bug. You're just missing a file (or maybe you have the file in
the wrong place).

You're looking for an animation file--these are movies done to show off the
island you are using.

Examples:

"Meekong_anim" for the Meekong island.

"EBEden_JungleAnim" for Jungle Everon

"CATIntro_anims" for one of the Afganistan islands

ect...

You need to find this file (look for it in your install of the island you
are using--probably that island that comes with WGL), and put it in your
main AddOns folder.

Look for a folder that has "anim" or "anims" or "intro" in the title.

I've noticed that you CANNOT put these animation folders in other AddOn
folders within OFP. It's GOT to be the main AddOn folder, or you'll get
that screen you describe where it looks like you're still in the game (and
you're not watching the movie designed for the island).

So, once you find that file, just pop it in
Codemasters/OperationFlashpoint/AddOns.

You've probably got it in one of your other AddOns folders (maybe the
Resistance AddOn folder--maybe an AddOn folder for your WGL mod). Just move
it to your main AddOns folder, and the problem will be fixed.

C.

"Kieren" <dj.klassic@ukgateway.net> wrote in message
> Installed the WGL mod (including the new island) and clicked the high
> res skys install, not sure if this was wise I have a Geforce 440 MMX
> graphics card (stop laughing at the back!!!)
>
> Anyway I then fired up OFP to check the results, choose mission editor
> and the small version of the enw island. Plonked a West private by
> the houses on the small island...clicked preview and all looked good.
> When I quit the editor and got back to the main menu where you choose
> campaign, multiplayer options etc I could see an m16 barrel on the
> screen and was free to fire, reload, look around etc etc as if in
> game.
>
> Just wondered if this was a sign of some impending doom to come or
> just a quirk of the new mod???
>
> Cheers

> PS By refering to impending doom I am not refering to Revalations
> Chapter 13 or anything like that just maybe a crash to desktop in the
> middle of CTI :)

I sometimes get that when I come out of a mission. You're clicking on
'options', 'missions' or whatever and the mission you just left is behind
the menu and firing his gun when you click. It's been there quite a while so
I guess it's just an odd bug that pops up now and then, I wouldn't worry
about it.

Kieren wrote:

> Anyway I then fired up OFP to check the results, choose mission editor
> and the small version of the enw island. Plonked a West private by
> the houses on the small island...clicked preview and all looked good.
> When I quit the editor and got back to the main menu where you choose
> campaign, multiplayer options etc I could see an m16 barrel on the
> screen and was free to fire, reload, look around etc etc as if in
> game.
>
> Just wondered if this was a sign of some impending doom to come or
> just a quirk of the new mod???

This happens sometimes, you get back to the main menu and are still able
to direct the figure you see there, ie whenever you click a menu entry
it fires it's weapon. Should have nothing to do with wgl. If you want
to get rid of the skymod anyway, it's in the wgl\dta folder. You can
just remove/delete all the data(3d).pbo there...
cu,

Markus