Can't remove drivers, current drivers are broken(HELP)

gayan

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
I have onboard sound Realtek ALC882 8 channel high-def sounds. And since of late the sound manager tool doesn't come when I double click on it and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it auto recognises and installs drivers on it's own before I run the mobo cd.
Maybe I need to remove and totaly delete driver fragments, before reinstalling, but I cant find a way to do it too

prong

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
I have onboard sound Realtek ALC882 8 channel high-def sounds. And since of late the sound manager tool doesn't come when I double click on it and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it auto recognises and installs drivers on it's own before I run the mobo cd.
Maybe I need to remove and totaly delete driver fragments, before reinstalling, but I cant find a way to do it too

I've noticed on my Intel systems with Realteck audio the latest security upgrade from Microsoft corrupted my audio panel and in one case worse. Try running this patch and let me know if it fixes your Realtek control panel. The microsoft patch causing the problem on my machines ends in 9062.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=74AD4188-3131-429C-8FCB-F7B3B0FD3D86&displaylang=en

1. Try going into the BIOS and disable the onboard sound.
2. Boot into Windows and uninstall the sound driver.
3. Go back into the BIOS and enable the onboard sound.
4. Boot into Windows and it should auto detect the sound chip. When prompted to install drivers, click "No".
5. Install the sound driver manually by inserting the CD that came with your motherboard.

gayan

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
Exactly my problem too
I also updated from microsoft and now when my pc boots I get this error message saying a .dll was not loaded and that I should consult my vendor.

prong

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
Yeah, that is what I got exactly. Reinstall your Realtek audio drivers and then install the patch. I have one machine I can not get to work, but the other machine and the patch worked perfectly.

gayan

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
thanks Prong.
The link and the patch at the link wkd gr8.
Everything is working fine now.
Thanks a lot, again

prong

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
thanks Prong.
The link and the patch at the link wkd gr8.
Everything is working fine now.
Thanks a lot, again

Terrific. I did a new build a few nights ago and came up with that .dll memory error. I didn't realize I got it from the Microsoft Security updates. It took me till 6 am the next morning to track it down.

TRENDING THREADS