HELP! Windows XP x64 Edition Trial....Extension?

hobojoe58

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
I have had Windows XP 64 bit trial edition for some time now, and yes long enough to expire the 120 day trial of use. I have enjoyed the much faster OS, and have grown to have many files, of many variety and size, and DO NOT WANT TO LOSE EVERYTHING by reinstalling windows!

I was wondering if anybody, had any suggestions as to how I could extend the trial or reuse the trial while retaining all of my precious information?

Are there any loop holes? Should I get a free linux distribution? Should I buy some whiskey and a gun? What would you reccommend?

ANY RESPONSE IS WELCOME! (time is of the essence!)

(PS- Currently I can only have my computer on for 2 hours, after 1 hour of usage, a window pops up saying 'your windows has expired, you have 16 days left to restore access to this installation of Windows, your computer will restart in 1 hour' AHHHHH!!! In addition I really dont want to shell out money if possible in anyway!)

Powerdog_69er

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
If you have a burner... back up all your files, pictures, "Favorites", and so on... on the CD...
Then go in and reinstall the system from scratch...your going to have to ask/wait for someone else to let you know if your going to be able to reinstall and have it activated again... that I" don't know.

hobojoe58

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
well, would you recommend using DVD-R? I have a DVD-RW Burner, would it be much of a difference, cause i dont feel like having 90 CD-Rs laying around.......