install DVD-RW

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I am having a hard time trying to install a new DVD burner. It is a Sony
DRU-720A Double Layer. I try to install the software and an error message
box pops up saying:

%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Any Ideas

Bruce
3 answers Last reply
More about install
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Hi Bruce,

    Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
    http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am having a hard time trying to install a new DVD burner. It is a Sony
    >DRU-720A Double Layer. I try to install the software and an error message
    >box pops up saying:
    >
    > %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
    >
    > Any Ideas
    >
    > Bruce

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    And the name of the soft would be................????

    "Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am having a hard time trying to install a new DVD burner. It is a Sony
    >DRU-720A Double Layer. I try to install the software and an error message
    >box pops up saying:
    >
    > %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
    >
    > Any Ideas
    >
    > Bruce

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Sorry it is Nero6 install suite. The Suite has in it: Nero, NeroVision
    Express 3, & Nero Media Player. There is also included in the software, InCD
    4, InCD Reader, & Content & Templates.
    It will not let me install anything until the Installation Suite is
    installed. I tried installing it separately, but get the error message right
    away [%1 is not a valid Win32 application].
    Thanks for helping
    Bruce

    "Paul" <wf1000xg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > And the name of the soft would be................????
    >

    > "Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I am having a hard time trying to install a new DVD burner. It is a Sony
    >>DRU-720A Double Layer. I try to install the software and an error message
    >>box pops up saying:
    >>
    >> %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
    >>
    >> Any Ideas
    >>
    >> Bruce

DVD RW Microsoft Customization Windows XP