  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
April 12, 2005 3:50:14 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I am having a hard time trying to install a new DVD burner. It is a Sony
DRU-720A Double Layer. I try to install the software and an error message
box pops up saying:

%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Any Ideas

Bruce

More about : install dvd

Anonymous
April 12, 2005 9:58:46 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Bruce,

Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am having a hard time trying to install a new DVD burner. It is a Sony
>DRU-720A Double Layer. I try to install the software and an error message
>box pops up saying:
>
> %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
>
> Any Ideas
>
> Bruce

April 12, 2005 9:03:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

And the name of the soft would be................????

"Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am having a hard time trying to install a new DVD burner. It is a Sony
>DRU-720A Double Layer. I try to install the software and an error message
>box pops up saying:
>
> %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
>
> Any Ideas
>
> Bruce

April 12, 2005 9:03:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Sorry it is Nero6 install suite. The Suite has in it: Nero, NeroVision
Express 3, & Nero Media Player. There is also included in the software, InCD
4, InCD Reader, & Content & Templates.
It will not let me install anything until the Installation Suite is
installed. I tried installing it separately, but get the error message right
away [%1 is not a valid Win32 application].
Thanks for helping
Bruce

!