Activesync via gprs

July 4, 2005 2:44:56 AM

How do I achive the above

Cheers

SteveW

More about : activesync gprs

Anonymous
July 4, 2005 2:44:57 AM

"STEVE WARBURTON" <stevewarby@btinternet.com> wrote:

>How do I achive the above

You have to tell ActiveSync on the desktop to allow network
connections, then you need to VPN into your PC (XP allows it to be a
VPN Server). Set up your GPRS under INTERNET, then connect the VPN to
your network and hit Start|ActiveSync and press START.
July 6, 2005 5:24:48 PM

My PC is under a Linksys wireless router ... May I setting a port for this?
what port? May I setting VPN of my router or best to use WinXP PC??

--
Cleverson A Izzo
www.wince.com.br

"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> escreveu na mensagem
> "STEVE WARBURTON" <stevewarby@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>>How do I achive the above
>
> You have to tell ActiveSync on the desktop to allow network
> connections, then you need to VPN into your PC (XP allows it to be a
> VPN Server). Set up your GPRS under INTERNET, then connect the VPN to
> your network and hit Start|ActiveSync and press START.
> Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
July 7, 2005 1:05:47 AM

Thanks for the info.

How many activesync connections can you have at any one time?

<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote in message
> "STEVE WARBURTON" <stevewarby@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>>How do I achive the above
>
> You have to tell ActiveSync on the desktop to allow network
> connections, then you need to VPN into your PC (XP allows it to be a
> VPN Server). Set up your GPRS under INTERNET, then connect the VPN to
> your network and hit Start|ActiveSync and press START.
> Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 1:05:48 AM

One

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices
"STEVE WARBURTON" <stevewarby@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the info.
>
> How many activesync connections can you have at any one time?
>

> "Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
> <spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote in message
>> "STEVE WARBURTON" <stevewarby@btinternet.com> wrote:
>>
>>>How do I achive the above
>>
>> You have to tell ActiveSync on the desktop to allow network
>> connections, then you need to VPN into your PC (XP allows it to be a
>> VPN Server). Set up your GPRS under INTERNET, then connect the VPN to
>> your network and hit Start|ActiveSync and press START.
>> --
>> __________________________________________________________________________________
>> Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of
>> all)
>> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
>> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
>> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 2:20:20 AM

"STEVE WARBURTON" <stevewarby@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the info.
>
>How many activesync connections can you have at any one time?

Simultaneously, one. A PDA can have two partnerships though, and a PC
can have practically unlimited partnerships with devices.

But no matter how they are connected, a PC and Windows Mobile device
can only sync with one device at a time, or ActiveSync starts smoking
and throwing sparks. :-)

>"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
><spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote in message
>> "STEVE WARBURTON" <stevewarby@btinternet.com> wrote:
>>
>>>How do I achive the above
>>
>> You have to tell ActiveSync on the desktop to allow network
>> connections, then you need to VPN into your PC (XP allows it to be a
>> VPN Server). Set up your GPRS under INTERNET, then connect the VPN to
>> your network and hit Start|ActiveSync and press START.
>> --
>> __________________________________________________________________________________
>> Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
>> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
>> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
>> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

July 8, 2005 2:21:22 AM

"Cleverson" <webmaster@wince.com.br> wrote:

>My PC is under a Linksys wireless router ... May I setting a port for this?
>what port? May I setting VPN of my router or best to use WinXP PC??

You should probably check out
http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sections-article49-page1.... and see if
that helps.
July 9, 2005 2:29:50 AM

I have managed a VPN connection. I cannot get active syn to connect from the
pocket pc. I click on sync and it does not connect. I have tools options or
connect via IR. I am on 2002 pocket pc.

Cheers

"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote in message
> "STEVE WARBURTON" <stevewarby@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>>How do I achive the above
>
> You have to tell ActiveSync on the desktop to allow network
> connections, then you need to VPN into your PC (XP allows it to be a
> VPN Server). Set up your GPRS under INTERNET, then connect the VPN to
> your network and hit Start|ActiveSync and press START.
> Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 11:12:59 AM

"STEVE WARBURTON" <stevewarby@btinternet.com> wrote:

>I have managed a VPN connection. I cannot get active syn to connect from the
>pocket pc. I click on sync and it does not connect. I have tools options or
>connect via IR. I am on 2002 pocket pc.

Can you ping your machine? did you enable network support in
ActiveSync? Have you confirmed the settings for remote sync (machine
name) are correct in ActiveSync on the Pocket PC?