Weird display problem

Dr_asik

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
On the computer I'm working on, after a few hours of Word and web pages, there are horizontal blurry lines randomly appearing on the screen. They go the whole way from left to right, and the gravity of the problem depends on the content being displayed, for instance on this page where I am typing there is no line, nor on the desktop, but on the main page of the forum there are a lot, it gets hard to read.

The screen is a cicero 17" CRT and the video card is a geForce MX400 or something like that.

Could it the graphic card?

prong

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
On the computer I'm working on, after a few hours of Word and web pages, there are horizontal blurry lines randomly appearing on the screen. They go the whole way from left to right, and the gravity of the problem depends on the content being displayed, for instance on this page where I am typing there is no line, nor on the desktop, but on the main page of the forum there are a lot, it gets hard to read.

The screen is a cicero 17" CRT and the video card is a geForce MX400 or something like that.

Could it the graphic card?

Get a can of compressed air and spray your monitor out as good as you can. Spray out dust from all the openings you can see as good as you can. Spray out your case too.

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
I concur with the others on this.It is your video card that is dying.Replace it with something a little newer eh.Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.6 TOLEDO
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7950GT KO IN SLI
4X 512MB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX DDR500
WD300GIG HD/SAMSUNG 250GIG HD
ACER 22IN WIDESCREEN LCD 1600X1200
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
3DMARK05 13,471