Best heatsink for 30-40$

knowsitall

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
I got 2 pc's. My older pc is a pentium d 830. That sucker is running to hot for my taste and the heatsink is pretty loud. I am looking for a heatsink from newegg that will cool this sucker pretty good and be queit. i m really sick of the loud sound coming from it. Anyone know of a good heatsink from tigerdirct.com or newegg.com???

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Another Tuniq Tower? They're $52 on Xoxide right now. Or you could get an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, they're only $25 on Xoxide. Newegg charges way to much for their hsf's.

knowsitall

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
Another Tuniq Tower? They're $52 on Xoxide right now. Or you could get an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, they're only $25 on Xoxide. Newegg charges way to much for their hsf's.

hm yah those are good prices but i do not trust that website, anyone know of heatsinks for cheap from newegg or tigerdirect that are quiet, cool good, and between 30-40 bucks

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006

hm yah those are good prices but i do not trust that website, anyone know of heatsinks for cheap from newegg or tigerdirect that are quiet, cool good, and between 30-40 bucks
and do you trust ewiz. this is what I'd get and what you seem to be seeking; good cooling, not for high OC-ing with a reasonable price:
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=FAN-700BCA
The only cons are that 1- you need to buy separately a mounting bracket 2-mounting can be difficult to impossible in some motherboards.
I'd also advise this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16835207001
not a top brand but the reviews are pretty interesting and the price too.
apt403 recommendation for the tuniq is a good one too. For what I have seen in general, there are only two categories of good coolers; those under $25 and the ones above $50; everything in between is just not worth the price/performance you get.