samsung 226 bw - help

spanke5

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2007
i've got a 226bw i've just installed, on a docked toshiba tecra, running through the dvi connection. the laptop has a quadro nvs 300m w/ the 84.68 driver. hope that's enough info to help.

so the problem/issue is, at 1600x1200, i've got this sort of "zoom" or "scroll" effect going on. there's a two desktop icon difference in the area i see, and the total area. only top to bottom. i cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this to actually fit the screen. it's incredibly annoying, and i just don't quite understand why in the hell this is happening?

i've also installed the drivers for the screen, the one's on the disc at least. i should also mention this is for my girlfriends mom, who is getting increasingly more pissed that she can't get up on her new computer yet. so, any help you guys could give me would be great. and the quicker the better. thanks a lot.

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
Native resolution for that Monitor is 1680X1050. You might try and locate drivers for your card that support that resolution if your existing one doesn`t. Good Luck

spanke5

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2007
thanks a lot for the info man. i will attempt to do that, though it seems that that's a bit of an issue w/ the quadro's. anyone know a quick fix for that, i'd love some help. thanks again.