Lost HDMI audio in Win7

soulintake

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
Hello,

I have a Sony VAIO VGN-AR390E laptop. It has a SigmaTel High Definition Audio device and an Nvidia 7600 GT. My HDMI audio doesn't work and I have tried for hours today to get it working again. It previously worked just fine in Windows Vista. I am connecting it to an Integra 7.8 receiver which has video pass through via HDMI to my Mitsubishi WD-73737 monitor. I have tried connecting straight through to my TV with no luck in the audio department, and also to someone else's TV with no luck in the audio department. However, a different laptop's HDMI audio worked just fine. The image is displayed correctly though.

Today I tried uninstalling my current nvidia drivers (195.62) from laptopvideo2go and installing 2 different sets of video drivers provided by Sony for my laptop that are a bit dated now. No luck. I uninstalled and re-installed the current audio drivers by Sony. No luck. I also tried the previous version of the audio drivers without joy too. I also installed the Intel chipset drivers too without luck. When I go to the control panel and click sound and properties, I am setting the HDMI/SPDIF output to default and disabling the speakers/headphones option. The speaker icon in the taskbar shows the sound levels going up and down while playing material back- but I can never hear anything. I've tried the 44khz, 48 and 96 options, and Dolby Digital, DTS checked and unchecked and nothing makes a difference when I'm trying to test them. Everything used to work with my receiver except for the WMA Pro option. Now my receiver just says "No Audio Stream Detected" while I'm trying everything. I did have the K-Lite Codec package installed but since deleted it. I also tried messing with the AC3 Filter- and also deleted. No luck there either. I've tried powering down and resetting all of my equipment many times. I'm out of options- any suggestions are very welcome!