Best C2D cooler?

boduke

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Price/performance -- Artic Freezer Pro 7

Best overall, Tuniq Tower or Scythe Ninja...

I am running a Zalman 9500 right now no problems.

I'll second the Ninja. I like it....the Thermalright Ultra120 Extreme has gotten some decent press as well...

bigspin

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
people help me and tell me some good C2D coolers!

I'm using ASUS silent Knight .Its da best cooler for me
Xbit lab says..........

"the Silent Knight proved to be as efficient at cooling our Intel Core 2 Duo processor as the best coolers from Zalman and Scythe. Second, the cooler supports all modern platforms and its reliable and clever fastening mechanism allows you to orient it in the most efficient way on the mainboard. And finally, the cooler has got blue highlighting of the fan, which makes it appealing for modders. You also get good thermal grease with the cooler while its pretty-looking stylish box just asks for you to present it as a gift to an overclocker friend of yours."

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/asus-silent-knight.html

boduke

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Price/performance -- Artic Freezer Pro 7

Best overall, Tuniq Tower or Scythe Ninja...

I am running a Zalman 9500 right now no problems.

I'll second the Ninja. I like it....the Thermalright Ultra120 Extreme has gotten some decent press as well...

You know, I picked up a Striker Extreme ohhh, about a month ago, but still haven't put it together.

Do you know or have you heard if the Ninja or the TT have problems fitting inside the chipset cooling assemblies?

Jack

I actually haven't seen one on a board with the pipe assemblies. One of my friends has a DQ6 with an Infinity on it so my best guess is the offset of the fins from the actually pad is enough to clear. The HS on my northbridge on my S3 is fairly tall and I've probably got about 1/4" clearence between it and the bottom of the fins (that's eyeballed, I'd have to measure it to be certain)

I can't tell from the pictures of the Striker I've seen but my guess is it'd probably be fine with either as the socket has quite a bit of space around it, more than my S3 I think...The TT looks to be a bit higher up w/r to the fins than the Ninja but I've not actually seen one up close yet...

illinikevin

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2006
Scythe Ninja

It's cheap and widely available. I just started running one and I don't even have a fan on it.

Idle temps Load Temps
At the socket 35 47
In the die 48 59

Cerro

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
I seen a review awhile back of a Striker with a TT installed - works no problems as far as I am aware. Might be a tad tight to get your fingers in but the HS itself fits no bother. Not seen a Ninja but I'd assume its the same...

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
If you want the best, you should look after phase change. There was one from OCZ for around $200. That should keep any Core2 CPU below -15'C.

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
best c2d cooler comes into 3 catergories - best no matter what, best with practicality taken in, and best and easiest to install.

for the first i would say maybe liquid nitrogen
for the 2nd i would recommend thermalright ultra 120
and for third i would say zalman cnps 9700cu

GSTe

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
For the price its got to be the Freezer 7 Pro.... on my computer keeps chip at only 2C hotter than a Scythe Infinity, and it's way cheaper.

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
best c2d cooler comes into 3 catergories - best no matter what, best with practicality taken in, and best and easiest to install.

for the first i would say maybe liquid nitrogen
for the 2nd i would recommend thermalright ultra 120
and for third i would say zalman cnps 9700cu
the first is not a cooler.
He needs a 24/7 cooler, so the best is phase change, no matter what.
Also Zalman 9700cu sux, if we talk about air coolers

HERSHEY

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
I`ve been using the Thermalright Ultra 120 for about 2 weeks now and I`m very impressed with it.I have an Intel E6600 and with the stock Intel cooler it ran 54c at idle.I switched to the Arctic Freezer 7 Pro and it ran about 44c at idle and 58c at load.With the thermalright I`m running 34c at idle and I just finished running TAT and it stayed at 47c under load.

babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I have a Striker Extreme. My waterblock barely fits around the heatpipes, so you're probably aware of the tight fit around the CPU.

Windows Vista Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC
Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400 2X1GB DDR2-800
Western Digital 150GB Raptor X
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series
Dell E207WFP & Samsung SyncMaster 213T
Asus Striker Extreme Motherboard
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW-SR
Thermaltake Kandalf LCS VD4000WBS (no leaks)
Pioneer DVR-212D DVD/CD Writer
APC Back-UPS XS 1000
Various trick lighting and LEDs