WGL pack errors

Hi,

installed the wargames 4.1 and the 4.11 update (with high res sky on), and
the Gaia island. Each time when I startup the Wargames shortcut I get a
"Cannot creat 3d device" error. I have a radeon 9800 pro 128 Mb, with the
latest catalyst drivers.

Thanks,
Ries
6 answers Last reply
More about pack errors
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    "Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in message
    > installed the wargames 4.1 and the 4.11 update (with high res sky on), and
    > the Gaia island. Each time when I startup the Wargames shortcut I get a
    > "Cannot creat 3d device" error. I have a radeon 9800 pro 128 Mb, with the
    > latest catalyst drivers.

    when I startup the game without the wargames shortcut it works fine btw.

    Ries
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    The default shortcut created has some problems. Open it and make sure that
    in the target field you put something like ; D:\Program
    Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -
    mod=wgl

    Especialy the -nomap switch is important and missed out during the normal
    installation of WGL. The -nosplash disables the default OFP splash screen so
    OFP loads quicker.
    "Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > installed the wargames 4.1 and the 4.11 update (with high res sky on), and
    > the Gaia island. Each time when I startup the Wargames shortcut I get a
    > "Cannot creat 3d device" error. I have a radeon 9800 pro 128 Mb, with the
    > latest catalyst drivers.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ries

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    "Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > installed the wargames 4.1 and the 4.11 update (with high res sky
    on), and
    > the Gaia island. Each time when I startup the Wargames shortcut I
    get a
    > "Cannot creat 3d device" error. I have a radeon 9800 pro 128 Mb,
    with the
    > latest catalyst drivers.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ries

    Yep, I get this if I bung too many add-ons into one folder. Check out
    the Avon lady's FAQ {Google will provide} and look up 'mod folders'.
    You'll be fine, it's not WGL.
    Good luck.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Yup, they missed off the -nomap switch, vital for todays gfx cards

    "F1yer<TZW>" <f1yer@sjijthausen.de> wrote in message
    > The default shortcut created has some problems. Open it and make sure that
    > in the target field you put something like ; D:\Program

    Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -
    > mod=wgl
    >
    > Especialy the -nomap switch is important and missed out during the normal
    > installation of WGL. The -nosplash disables the default OFP splash screen
    so
    > OFP loads quicker.
    > "Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > installed the wargames 4.1 and the 4.11 update (with high res sky on),
    and
    > > the Gaia island. Each time when I startup the Wargames shortcut I get a
    > > "Cannot creat 3d device" error. I have a radeon 9800 pro 128 Mb, with
    the
    > > latest catalyst drivers.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Ries

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Direct from one of the creators of the WGL: -nomap should fix that

    Hope that helps, if not let me know and I will ask him more

    "Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in news:c6tk48$h9r$1@news.cistron.nl:

    > Hi,
    >
    > installed the wargames 4.1 and the 4.11 update (with high res sky on),
    > and the Gaia island. Each time when I startup the Wargames shortcut I
    > get a "Cannot creat 3d device" error. I have a radeon 9800 pro 128 Mb,
    > with the latest catalyst drivers.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ries

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Hi all,

    thanks! for all the advice, it's running great at the moment. And yeah the
    new highres sky looks lovely.

    Ries

Video Games