marlz

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
This is baffling me (as computers sometimes do)

The other day my computer started changing to the welcome/switch user screen after a short idle period. All I have to do is click my user icon again and I am back at my destop with everything still connected and running. Also, my monitor stays on. It never times out.

Can anyone tell me where the setting for this is? I prefer it to just shut off my monitor after a period of inactivity.

Thanks in advance.

fredweston

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2006
I'd also check the power options under control panel. This is where you can configue the amount of time before the PC will shut off the monitor. I also vaguely recall some sort of option about on resume, password protect. It applied to PCs that were being put in suspend/hibernate by the power profile. Good chance that's what's happening to you.

JesterX

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2006
I'd also check the power options under control panel. This is where you can configue the amount of time before the PC will shut off the monitor. I also vaguely recall some sort of option about on resume, password protect. It applied to PCs that were being put in suspend/hibernate by the power profile. Good chance that's what's happening to you.

Thats what I told him to check and he said its not checked.