Sign in with
Your question

Will DUKE NUKEM FOREVER be the deciding factor?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 8, 2007 1:07:28 PM

Will this game be the determing factor on what video card you plan to ugrade to in 2017?
April 8, 2007 1:57:17 PM

lol
April 8, 2007 2:13:13 PM

hey i spend 1 minute to read this ...i will sue to get my time back :lol: 
what kind of question is that...
Quote:

Will this game be the determing factor on what video card you plan to ugrade to in 2017?
Related resources
April 8, 2007 2:17:47 PM

I'm going to wait to see if I'm still alive by 2017 first...
April 8, 2007 2:21:51 PM

no, duke nukem will be the deciding factor when you get your video card in infinity years, because it is going to take forever to make
April 8, 2007 2:30:33 PM

ok by the year 2017 i will have the gforce 10xxxxwith 8 gvram ddram9...in order to play dukenukem forever or it will be duke nukemNever
April 8, 2007 2:45:19 PM

Quote:
just stfu and die.

on easter sunday... u wish for me to die

amazing how someone life is so bitter that their life is humourless

sucks to be u.
April 8, 2007 2:47:31 PM

Quote:

what if u died the second you clicked "start new game" in 2017 after u just got home and installed the newly released DUKE NUKEM FOREVER

that would really suck
April 8, 2007 2:48:12 PM

Quote:
just stfu and die.

sucks to be u.

These posts were funny the first time, but as they've been done a million times now, it's old as hell.
April 8, 2007 2:49:50 PM

Quote:
just stfu and die.

sucks to be u.

These posts were funny the first time, but as they've been done a million times now, it's old as hell.

i was piggy backin on the the IS CRYSIS THE DECIDING FACTOR thread.... thought it was cute.... some got it and moved on...some got emotional over it

go figure
April 8, 2007 3:03:24 PM

Quote:

what if u died the second you clicked "start new game" in 2017 after u just got home and installed the newly released DUKE NUKEM FOREVER

that would really suck
Stop posting idiotic topics...
April 8, 2007 3:13:11 PM

Quote:
easter sunday is meaning less for me. so what does it matter, i wish you and your ilk were dead everyday of the year.

why are u such an emotional poster

u sound like a PMSing whiney woman right now

MAN UP!
April 8, 2007 3:13:38 PM

Quote:

that would really suck
Stop posting idiotic topics...

I am not 100% happy with your tone right now.
April 8, 2007 3:16:00 PM

There's something on your chin :lol: 
April 8, 2007 3:17:25 PM

Quote:
easter sunday is meaning less for me. so what does it matter, i wish you and your ilk were dead everyday of the year.

MAN UP!

Take your sarcastic posts somewhere else. We Really do not need douchebags like you here on the forums. And your telling us to man up? Man up on your grammar. How old are you anyway?
April 8, 2007 3:19:38 PM

Quote:

MAN UP!

Take your sarcastic posts somewhere else. We Really do not need douchebags like you here on the forums. And your telling us to man up? Man up on your grammar. How old are you anyway?

another emotional poster.... WOW...you guys here are more anal retentive than on the CPU forum

you never got over 3dfx folding did you?
April 8, 2007 3:31:06 PM

Don't mind them, they're all mad because thier ex-wives have the kids for easter and they're probably drinking the hurt away yet again.

Anyways, Duke will be out pretty soon, actually. I just hope it's worth the wait.
April 8, 2007 3:33:02 PM

Nevermind, I think sockpuppet just licked it off.
a c 101 U Graphics card
April 8, 2007 3:34:28 PM

And what a wait.
April 8, 2007 3:45:56 PM

I thought a while ago you were predicting PC gaming to be dead because AMD is going under and no one will be able to afford an Intel cpu.
April 8, 2007 3:52:17 PM

Quote:
I thought a while ago you were predicting PC gaming to be dead because AMD is going under and no one will be able to afford an Intel cpu.

I have backed off that stance recently
April 8, 2007 3:56:27 PM

Quote:

Your ex-wife?
April 8, 2007 4:00:28 PM

Quote:

Your ex-wife?

If you only knew what she looked like I do not think you would have typed that.
April 8, 2007 4:04:11 PM

Quote:

Your ex-wife?

If you only knew what she looked like I do not think you would have typed that.

Rofl dude. Sorry. I take it all back. I tell my ex she looks more and more like her bovine mother everytime I see her.
April 8, 2007 4:04:38 PM

Quote:
how about backing off a cliff.

after my country saved yours from speaking GERMAN right now...seems like you would show a little more respect.
April 8, 2007 4:06:16 PM

Quote:

after my country saved yours from speaking GERMAN right now...seems like you would show a little more respect.

Incase you missed it, England is the only friend we have left. You should be nice.
April 8, 2007 4:10:50 PM

Quote:
lol, good one. lets not get into all that here, especially since we had already stopped the german invasion before you guys even entered.

slowed the invasion....germany was raining v2 rockets over there at will....churchill was dug in deeper than a mole with a bad cold..

you would probally be a guard right now on the Atlantic Wall
April 8, 2007 4:17:54 PM

Quote:
read my god damn location idiot.

I honestly dont give a $hit where you're from, asshat.
April 8, 2007 4:27:38 PM

Quote:

And lordpope had EVERYTHING to do with that. Don't take credit for the great deeds of others, kid.

lordpope! single handedly responsible for victory over Nazis, fascism, and communism!! :trophy:
April 8, 2007 4:45:11 PM

Ya, to be serious for a minute. . . we shouldnt trivialize the great war like we do.

My grandpa was actually part of operation overlord, once i was old enough to understand, he showed me a reel of film that was shot during the landing. Horror and terror do not even begin to describe what those men must have felt as they charged up the beach into the jaws of hell itself. But they did what they had to do. They laid their lives down for the freedom of the entire world.

I will never, ever forget the terrible things that I saw in that old crappy film. And i pray to God that none of us ever have to experience anything that comes close to that.

Just for this one thing, try to show some respect, huh?
April 8, 2007 4:53:23 PM

Quote:

:lol:  :lol: 

You keep getting more and more stupid.

Russia beat Germany, not USA. USA didn't do anything.

Yea, two nukes on Japan on the other side of the world really saved England. You should get an award. :roll:
April 8, 2007 4:58:08 PM

Quote:
You should get an award.

i agree
April 8, 2007 5:09:04 PM

Quote:

Ya, right.
April 8, 2007 5:37:34 PM

Five years from now the developer is going to release a public statment saying that the game was actually a hoax.
a b U Graphics card
April 8, 2007 5:41:49 PM

Well thankfully this is a st00pid thread anyways and it deserves to die, like it's creator.

Quote:

You keep getting more and more stupid.

Aha, a man of history. 8)
Seems alot of people (trying to put forward a specific agenda) seem to forget that major contribution to WWII. And that others who helped keep Germany at bay while the US decided whether or not to enter the war also seems to be ignored.

People seem to forget that it wasn't the US who declared war on Germany but Vice Versa. Only after Germany declared war on the US did the US commit to entering the European campaign.

Quote:
Yea, two nukes on Japan on the other side of the world really saved England. You should get an award. :roll:

I don't want to devalue the US contribution, and I know that wasn't your intent, but don't get caught up in replying to lordDOPE in kind, he'll just draw you down into his muddy hole of ignorance.

I know it's easy to reply in kind but resist the temptation despite his need of a wake-up call.

And now a short film about as historical accurate as it's source material;
April 8, 2007 6:17:21 PM

Quote:
but don't get caught up in replying to lordDOPE in kind, he'll just draw you down into his muddy hole of ignorance.

I am not 100% happy with your tone either.
April 8, 2007 6:20:59 PM

Quote:
lol, good one. lets not get into all that here, especially since we had already stopped the german invasion before you guys even entered.

slowed the invasion....germany was raining v2 rockets over there at will....churchill was dug in deeper than a mole with a bad cold..

lordpope, you truly are very ignorant. The V2 didn't come online until the very end of the war, and it wasn't used anywhere near as much as the V1. Even then, the V1 was primarily an instrument of terror, not used to make significant damage.

Hitler had abandoned all thoughts of invading Britain long before the US joined the war. (Remember the whole invading Russia thing?) He regarded Britain as an irritation, but little more. In actual fact, this was quite a miscalculation, as Britain's contribution to the war effort vastly outweighed its numerical power. Its naval power was decisive, breaking the Enigma code was invaluable. Moreover, Britain played a crucial role in bringing America into the war (not least not telling them about Pearl Harbour!), and was strategically massively important when they did.

And when it comes to sheer attrition, the real damage was done on the Eastern front. It really was the Russians that broke the back of the Nazi war machine.

Finally, let's not dishonour the dead. This actually happened. Millions died. This is bigger than your silly little country, and anyone else's silly little country for that matter.
April 8, 2007 6:43:26 PM

Quote:

lordpope, you truly are very ignorant. The V2 didn't come online until the very end of the war, and it wasn't used anywhere near as much as the V1. Even then, the V1 was primarily an instrument of terror, not used to make significant damage.

Hitler had abandoned all thoughts of invading Britain long before the US joined the war. (Remember the whole invading Russia thing?) He regarded Britain as an irritation, but little more. In actual fact, this was quite a miscalculation, as Britain's contribution to the war effort vastly outweighed its numerical power. Its naval power was decisive, breaking the Enigma code was invaluable. Moreover, Britain played a crucial role in bringing America into the war (not least not telling them about Pearl Harbour!), and was strategically massively important when they did.

And when it comes to sheer attrition, the real damage was done on the Eastern front. It really was the Russians that broke the back of the Nazi war machine.

Finally, let's not dishonour the dead. This actually happened. Millions died. This is bigger than your silly little country, and anyone else's silly little country for that matter.

ok, gunny
April 8, 2007 7:43:24 PM

you really must enjoy pissing people off, huh?
April 8, 2007 8:10:49 PM

Quote:
you really must enjoy pissing people off, huh?

wasn't my intent.... its just that emotional posters seem to follow me around like i am the messiah
April 8, 2007 8:12:48 PM

wasnt u a disciple of the great AJ TONY
April 8, 2007 8:18:22 PM

Quote:
wasn't my intent.... its just that emotional posters seem to follow me around like i am the messiah

well i came in here to say how funny it was, the premise and the pics and stuff, and then people start flaming eachother and WWII comes up... nice mess of a thread :roll:

all i'm saying is that it seems like you stir people up and then call them emotional posters... how many times has that been said in this thread alone? i don't have any bones against you, i'm just saying, chill out.
April 8, 2007 8:45:58 PM

Nostradamas and the mayans said the world will end in 2012, so we dont have to worry.
a b U Graphics card
April 8, 2007 9:31:03 PM

Quote:

I can tell ya, I know many Norwegian relatives of mine like my father, Aunt, Grandma, and others who were under German occupation and who honestly feel they would have been speaking German now had the USA not entered the war. Not taking away from what Russia did, but I disagree that the USA did nothing. * Pointless thread though, sorry I felt a need to even enter it. * :roll:
April 8, 2007 9:34:14 PM

Quote:

well i came in here to say how funny it was, the premise and the pics and stuff, and then people start flaming eachother and WWII comes up... nice mess of a thread :roll:

all i'm saying is that it seems like you stir people up and then call them emotional posters... how many times has that been said in this thread alone? i don't have any bones against you, i'm just saying, chill out.

only emotional posters get emotional over a simple joke thread on a slow tech day....

most people took it light and added to the joke...

the EMOTIONAL posters got upset which is so damn silly
April 8, 2007 9:37:11 PM

Quote:

I can tell ya, I know many Norwegian relatives of mine like my father, Aunt, Grandma, and others who were under German occupation and who honestly feel they would have been speaking German now had the USA not entered the war. Not taking away from what Russia did, but I disagree that the USA did nothing. * Pointless thread though, sorry I felt a need to even enter it. * :roll:

this was a light hearted thread to poke fun at duke nuken on a very slow tech day....and some emotional posters got really upset

how it got to ww2 i dont know
April 8, 2007 9:37:56 PM

Quote:

haven't you seen highlander? That would just make him immortal
April 8, 2007 9:38:42 PM

Quote:

the US follows the legacy of the germans, bomb the sh1t out of tiny countries and say "BIGGEST WAR WIN EVARH!!!"}
a b U Graphics card
April 8, 2007 10:00:00 PM

Quote:
this was a light hearted thread to poke fun at duke nuken on a very slow tech day....and some emotional posters got really upset
how it got to ww2 i dont know

Yeah, I agree with that. Still, the way it shaped up, everyone adds to the mess. I should have stayed out of it and plan to do so from here on out. C'ya.
!