Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Intel
Last response: in CPUs
April 8, 2007 3:21:37 PM

i was reading this and i posted it .feel free to reply

More about : intel cookz easter egg

April 8, 2007 3:40:18 PM

She's impressive, isn't she? But, give me another 4 months, and I'll give you something that will change the game. Again. :wink:
April 8, 2007 3:42:21 PM

about the stock cooler...some things never change ...btw an 1000$ chip and a 7$cooler together...hmm dang intel something needs a fresh start
mis dos centavos
Related resources
April 8, 2007 4:10:51 PM

Comon man, if youre dropping a thousand bucks on just a processor, the aftermarket cooler isn't gonna hurt your checkbook.
April 8, 2007 4:24:24 PM

you are right
but i would not buy it now.idon't need such amount of power..not just now :D 
April 8, 2007 4:32:42 PM

in time you will know when to upgrade....for now even p4 is sufficient for the average user like me.
April 8, 2007 4:42:47 PM

:p  A Dual-Core Sempron would be Overkill for you "Average Users" then my friend, I'm only holding back due to lack of funds due to University coming up , Soon to come. Otherwise I was so set to buy a E6600 with X1950XTX In CrossFire(Would have got it at cheap price) and Any Asus SLI Board with Good Overclocking Reputation like the P5B's
April 8, 2007 4:55:49 PM

Wow, a decent Inq review. But how come they did not do a direct Quad FX comparison?
April 8, 2007 5:19:53 PM

The verdict's pretty clear on that one already :lol: 
April 8, 2007 5:49:22 PM

k
for me it raises a question
Quote:
Second dot key-breaking game of this review is Stalker, and this game proved to be quite an interesting one. To much of our surprise, quad-core CPUs were slightly behind dual-core ones, and higher performance of E6700 vs. QX6700 was something we did not expect. We ran the tests several times and every time quaddies would have a slight disadvantage over dual-core parts. We considered a possibility that graphics cards are maxed out, but overclocking the QX6800 and X6800 to 3.19 GHz ended up with same difference. We can conclude that either Stalker is maxing out the front side bus or the FSB is saturated that other two cores cannot work, or this game is tightly threaded and does not care for number of cores on the Socket

but why are quaddies behind dual cores?
please enlighten me
April 8, 2007 5:52:54 PM

I find the well done review by the Inquirer to be more impressive than the QX6800.
April 8, 2007 6:14:41 PM

the only reason this is cool cause it lowers the q66 price!!
April 8, 2007 7:18:19 PM

Quote:
I find the well done review by the Inquirer to be more impressive than the QX6800.

It is a sad day for Tom's when The Inq can produce a better review. :cry: 

In memory of spud "Word"
April 8, 2007 8:10:03 PM

Quote:

i KNOW! omfg. i'm going to go cry.
April 8, 2007 8:19:20 PM

Quote:
truly a milestone for the inquirer. Actual benches 8O who would have thought Theo was capable of actually bieng informative 8O :?:

Yea I think hell has frozen over. The Inq has benches and makes a quality unbiased article. 8O

...and how did they get a version of the proc and Tom's didn't? :cry: 
April 8, 2007 8:33:56 PM

People often speak about how hot Prescotts were - and they were very hot - but this is just bordering on single-socket insanity.
April 8, 2007 9:42:33 PM

i don't really think its that crazy for the tech that it contains... i mean i guess you could say the same thing about prescotts at the time, they were like top-of-the-line... but we are talking about 4 cores here, after all, and as long as they stay alive, i wouldn't mind having 4 hot cores :D 
a c 105 à CPUs
April 8, 2007 10:50:32 PM

Because the QuadFX runs poorly on Windows due to nonexistant (2K), bad (XP) to so-so (Vista) support of NUMA and testing it on those platforms would more show the shortfalls of the software and not the hardware. I wish they'd do a good test of the QuadFX on Linux because Linux is supposed to have excellent NUMA support. So far I have not really seen one of those tests.
April 8, 2007 11:12:36 PM

kinda makes you wish that real enthusiasts were in charge of the corporations... having oodles of time, money, and other resources when coupled with test products from large companies like intel and AMD would surely lead to an exciting workday. all of this makes me question who is really in charge, and why some things just never get tested (the e4300 or e6300 on Tom's, or Quad FX in Linux ANYWHERE).
April 8, 2007 11:44:20 PM

Quote:
kinda makes you wish that real enthusiasts were in charge of the corporations... having oodles of time, money, and other resources when coupled with test products from large companies like intel and AMD would surely lead to an exciting workday. all of this makes me question who is really in charge, and why some things just never get tested (the e4300 or e6300 on Tom's, or Quad FX in Linux ANYWHERE).

"Real enthusiasts" make up such a small part of the market they're nearly inconsequential. Think about the amount of money Intel and AMD make off of OEMs and server spaces, and then compare it to how much they make off of selling people like us processors.

Yeah.
April 8, 2007 11:53:46 PM

Quote:

In memory of spud "Word"

It's a quad core review so that's (Word)EE2. Pronounced properly it sounds like a bathroom echo.

I miss Spud.
a b à CPUs
April 9, 2007 12:12:16 AM

Maybe the old school THG Editors went to the work for Inq because
they're now getting a higher salary and great benefits. 8O :p 
April 9, 2007 12:33:49 AM

Quote:
"Real enthusiasts" make up such a small part of the market they're nearly inconsequential. Think about the amount of money Intel and AMD make off of OEMs and server spaces, and then compare it to how much they make off of selling people like us processors.

Yeah.

well, yeah, enthusiasts are a very small demographic, but i thought that they were the desired audience of this site and others like it, for the most part. i mean, if your "average joe" knew that you can replace a processor or upgrade ram rather then buying a whole new system, sites like these would be immensely more popular... anyway, not the point.

i totally understand that most of a company's revenue comes from its mainstream stuff. what i was saying was that if this is an enthusiast, for and by enthusiasts, then wouldn't you think that the leader-enthusiasts who get the parts to test would then test the crap out of it and do all the testing possible (such as better NUMA testing for QFX and tests for e4300s)

...and who is Spud? before my time?
April 9, 2007 12:50:08 AM

Nah, you guys co-existed at the same point here. He's the dude with the avatar that has a cat with the sweatband over it's eyes like a gangsta.
April 9, 2007 12:51:15 AM

Quote:

I keep e-mailing PaulO, but he just won't step down. Bastage. :lol: 
April 9, 2007 12:55:46 AM

damn! another person i don't know :cry:  i'm such a n00b. does Spud still come here? and is PaulO an important official somewhere?
April 9, 2007 12:59:35 AM

Quote:
damn! another person i don't know :cry:  i'm such a n00b. does Spud still come here? and is PaulO an important official somewhere?

Comon Spud, give us a "word" playa.

Ya, and PaulO is my boss's boss. He's the CEO of Intel. I guess he's kind of important. :lol: 
April 9, 2007 1:03:53 AM

Quote:
People often speak about how hot Prescotts were - and they were very hot - but this is just bordering on single-socket insanity.

4 Core 2 cores (lol) @ 3GHz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DAYLIGHT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1 Prescott core @ 3GHz. :lol:  :wink:
April 9, 2007 1:29:57 AM

Quote:
Comon Spud, give us a "word" playa.

Ya, and PaulO is my boss's boss. He's the CEO of Intel. I guess he's kind of important. :lol: 

wow wow wee woh (as borat would put it)

you're someone important! thats AWESOME! its really cool, because i'm just a nobody from a nowhere town... WOW. well thats really cool. WOW. i'm amazed right now. do you want HIM to do something about the testing...? i was thinking more about the websites that do the reviewing, personally.

yeah Epsilon84's got the right idea for the most part.
April 9, 2007 2:39:37 AM

If they were, they would go belley up in 2 weeks :)  Half no, make that MOST of the "Enthusiasts" I know are really really sharp when it comes to hardware and tech, but know diddly squat about running a business. :lol: 
April 9, 2007 2:47:53 AM

oh yeah. i agree. the fact that they've been around for 2 wks lets you know that enthusiasts AREN'T in charge, and that makes it a little more understandable that they miss some enthusiast things. but wouldn't they employ enthusiasts? ah oh well. g'night all.
April 9, 2007 3:55:28 AM

what's amazing about that review is that they were somehow able to put all of the graphs on one page... I didn't know that was possible in the era of Web 2.0 .. this is surely a feat of technical expertise.... next time maximize revenues by splitting it in 75 pages, add some flash ads, leverage, convergence, robust enterprise computing, .. throw in some other trendy buzzwords and get with the program INQ.
April 9, 2007 12:59:32 PM

Quote:
what's amazing about that review is that they were somehow able to put all of the graphs on one page... I didn't know that was possible in the era of Web 2.0 .. this is surely a feat of technical expertise.... next time maximize revenues by splitting it in 75 pages, add some flash ads, leverage, convergence, robust enterprise computing, .. throw in some other trendy buzzwords and get with the program INQ.

hahaha :roll: i wonder where that came from

:cry: 

i found some interesting intel discussion over at slashdot, if anyone is interested. http://intel.vendors.slashdot.org/?ppc_cid=EntMul1H07us...
!