Ready, Set, Boost!

babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
ReadyBoost kicks in on one of my Vista systems, but not the other. Both have 2GB of RAM and I'm using the same USB flash drive for both computers. . Without detailing the components of each system, what are the main factors that determine if ReadyBoost will enable with a USB flash drive?

prong

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
ReadyBoost kicks in on one of my Vista systems, but not the other. Both have 2GB of RAM and I'm using the same USB flash drive for both computers. . Without detailing the components of each system, what are the main factors that determine if ReadyBoost will enable with a USB flash drive?

Did you find the USB drive you want to use for Readyboost in My Computer? You have to go to the device's properties and set it to be used as a Readyboost device.

babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah, I did. On one Vista system, it says my device is capable of ReadyBoost and asks if I wish to enable it. One the other system, when I plug the same USB flash drive, it says the device doesn't support ReadyBoost. Not a big deal as both sytems work nicely already.

TRENDING THREADS