HT Omega Striker or Auzentech Xplosion

omgitslong

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
hi guys, I'm currently using onboard audio right now with my el cheapo 2.0 speaker. I don't know what to pick between these 2 cards, and is it worth the extra $20 for the Auzentech:

HT Omega Striker
Auzentech Xplosion

And for the speakers, I'm planning to buy a 5.1 Creative T6100. I'm really looking forward to play Crysis. I'll purchase an 8600GT/GTS for the full DX10 potential w/ my 1280x1024 LCD. Suggestion plz?

Thanks in advance.
-Long

ibticktock

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
I had never heard of this card until I read this thread. Thanks a lot for linking me to it. I have been looking at the XPlosion and was almost ready to bite. With tax and shipping it is $91.48. This card is $27 cheaper and seems to be essentially the same as the AuzenTech. Just out of curiosity, why did you pick the XPlosion instead of the Striker?

omgitslong

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
I think because of the price range, and the performance of the Auzentech Xplosion. I've read reviews comparing the Auzentech Xplosion and the lower-end of Auzentech, the XMystique, ~$60 price range with the HT Omega Striker.

HT Omega is a good brand too, but, they don't only offer 2 cards:
HT Omega Striker
and HT Omega Claro

thus didn't fall into the midrange card I've been looking for.

This guy was pretty satisfied with it too :eek:

And last, I personally would hate to see the limit of my component in a short period of time after I purchased it, so, I would rather pay an extra premium for it.

Hope that helps.

-Long