How do I get on multi player with you guys?

foxy

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2002

Hi Noticed that a few of you seem to have online battles on OFP

I would like to join you if poss??

I have tried the multi player option in the game but cannot find any servers
or anything, I can only have LAN battles with my mate over the net via IP
etc.

How can this be overcome.

Thanks

Foxy

1st you start here to get the needed add-ons. http://tj-www.kicks-ass.org/

--
WÅTÒÓÇÊ<TZW>
www.timezone-warriors.net

"Foxy" <askfor@email.com> wrote in message
> Hi Noticed that a few of you seem to have online battles on OFP
>
> I would like to join you if poss??
>
> I have tried the multi player option in the game but cannot find any
servers
> or anything, I can only have LAN battles with my mate over the net via IP
> etc.
>
> How can this be overcome.
>
> Thanks
>
> Foxy

you really need a hosts.txt file

I will attach mine....

this file goes in your operation flashpoint folder....

at the bottom you usually have an option

Internet/LAN/Remote

click LAN and one of the servers if up should show itself

"Foxy" <askfor@email.com> wrote in message
> Hi Noticed that a few of you seem to have online battles on OFP
>
> I would like to join you if poss??
>
> I have tried the multi player option in the game but cannot find any
servers
> or anything, I can only have LAN battles with my mate over the net via IP
> etc.
>
> How can this be overcome.
>
> Thanks
>
> Foxy

begin 666 hosts.txt
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=,#(-"C8R+C$T-BXV,"XQ.3 Z,C,P,B -"@T*#0H`
`
end

foxy

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2002

"James Siegel" <jamess459@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> you really need a hosts.txt file
>
> I will attach mine....
>
> this file goes in your operation flashpoint folder....
>
> at the bottom you usually have an option
>
> Internet/LAN/Remote
>
> click LAN and one of the servers if up should show itself

Ahh cheers mate, how long would this list be valid for? do the IP's change
after a while?

Thanks

Foxy

Foxy, before you go jumping boots in first to the server, could you post a
little more information about yourself please.

We have had some trouble with people causing problems after discovering the
server offhand and its something we are going to try to avoid in the future.

You've got to understand that if you do come in you will be the 'new
recruit' (no n00bs here, we're a little more grown up than that!) in a very
close group of friends and gaming buddies and I think its best if you let us
know a bit beforehand.

Post up a bit about yourself, like a small 'gamer biography'. Lets read
what youre all about first.

A new player charter is required ASAP.

For the past 3-4 years I have played online with some of these guys, and the
fresh blood has always been welcome. However, there was always a reason why
the server wasn't hosted on Gamespy (not least was TJ's 56k!)...

Prospective new players - please wait. Just a couple of days. A set of
guidelines is almost ready for publishing which will cover some basic rules.

Playing on any other basis, without the protection of the rules may result
in an unexpected kick or ban.

LF

On Tue, 4 May 2004, TONIK <TZW> wrote:

> Foxy, before you go jumping boots in first to the server, could you post a
> little more information about yourself please.
>
> We have had some trouble with people causing problems after discovering the
> server offhand and its something we are going to try to avoid in the future.
>
> You've got to understand that if you do come in you will be the 'new
> recruit' (no n00bs here, we're a little more grown up than that!) in a very
> close group of friends and gaming buddies and I think its best if you let us
> know a bit beforehand.
>
> Post up a bit about yourself, like a small 'gamer biography'. Lets read
> what youre all about first.

Hiyas,

Would that be the same for anyone interested in joining the server? If so,
I was considering it. A brief "thing" on me and my OpFlaps follows...

Been playing since it started, primarily co-op games on a private OpFlaps
server. The server isn't up as often as I would like, or we rarely have
more than four or five players, so I'd like to move to another friendly
server to play amongst like-minded individuals.

I'm 33, married, been computer gaming since the ZX81 (around 1980) and
played just about everything out there. I prefer co-op games although
they're very hard to come-by, OpFlash being the very peak of that
particular gaming sphere.

I am a follower rather than a leader, am ex-military, and generally just
love to have fun.

Any questions?

Rules?

RULES?

What happened to standing your own ground,
having a personality, having a laugh and
a joke, not taking things too seriously,
BECOMING A REGULAR PLAYER? Let them get
kicked, let them get punted, let them LEARN

Anyway

New Troop should be directed AWAY from TJ's boma,
as it's not really a great intro to online OFP.

Cos not every server can offer SUCH kameraderie, what
larks, eh pip, such abandonment, frustration, elation,
sniper elevation etc across many wide ranging maps.....

Let the New Troop get used to playing OFP on them thar
reg-u-lah servers before getting mixed up at TJ's....

>shakes head and sighs<

Rules??

Max Res!

Riz
---
Davros Returns:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040504/photos_ts_afp/040504204703_ox9kbzns_photo3

"Liddle Feesh" wrote

Sounds like you would fit fine there H. Try http://tj-www.kicks-ass.org for all info and needed addons (including Ventrilo instructions and stuff) It's allot to download but really worth it! Mainly the best stuff OFP has to offer sinds its realease a few years ago. Remember though, because of some problems we are working on a kind of "sign in form" so we know a little bit more about the ppl connecting, till that time, just connect and join us on Ventrilo/OFP for a few Coop games and see what you think of those crazy bunch of oldies playing games :).

>>> H. Barker<hb239@cam.ac.uk> 4-5-04 16:31:12 >>>

On Tue, 4 May 2004, TONIK <TZW> wrote:

> Foxy, before you go jumping boots in first to the server, could you post a
> little more information about yourself please.
>
> We have had some trouble with people causing problems after discovering the
> server offhand and its something we are going to try to avoid in the future.
>
> You've got to understand that if you do come in you will be the 'new
> recruit' (no n00bs here, we're a little more grown up than that!) in a very
> close group of friends and gaming buddies and I think its best if you let us
> know a bit beforehand.
>
> Post up a bit about yourself, like a small 'gamer biography'. Lets read
> what youre all about first.

Hiyas,

Would that be the same for anyone interested in joining the server? If so,
I was considering it. A brief "thing" on me and my OpFlaps follows...

Been playing since it started, primarily co-op games on a private OpFlaps
server. The server isn't up as often as I would like, or we rarely have
more than four or five players, so I'd like to move to another friendly
server to play amongst like-minded individuals.

I'm 33, married, been computer gaming since the ZX81 (around 1980) and
played just about everything out there. I prefer co-op games although
they're very hard to come-by, OpFlash being the very peak of that
particular gaming sphere.

I am a follower rather than a leader, am ex-military, and generally just
love to have fun.

Any questions?

Cheers - I'm currently downloading all 1.3 gig of the addons folder, so it
might take me a few days to get it all down or work might start to ask
questions :)

Hopefully cover you soon.

On Tue, 4 May 2004, F1yer <TZW> wrote:

> Sounds like you would fit fine there H. Try http://tj-www.kicks-ass.org for all info and needed addons (including Ventrilo instructions and stuff) It's allot to download but really worth it! Mainly the best stuff OFP has to offer sinds its realease a few years ago. Remember though, because of some problems we are working on a kind of "sign in form" so we know a little bit more about the ppl connecting, till that time, just connect and join us on Ventrilo/OFP for a few Coop games and see what you think of those crazy bunch of oldies playing games :).

I ones made a little tutorial on how to install all addons and the order in which they should be installed, but I cant find that damn manual and going through all messages in this group is really not possible doing that from work (I need to do some work to you know:) Anyway, I hope someone of the regs can point you to that little tut so your installation will be fine from the beginning so you wont have any problems connecting ehum....be leave me, even with the tut you will probably still miss some addons but those will only be small (the latest addons are not in that tut!)

>>> H. Barker<hb239@cam.ac.uk> 4-5-04 16:58:01 >>>

Cheers - I'm currently downloading all 1.3 gig of the addons folder, so it
might take me a few days to get it all down or work might start to ask
questions :)

Hopefully cover you soon.

On Tue, 4 May 2004, F1yer <TZW> wrote:

> Sounds like you would fit fine there H. Try http://tj-www.kicks-ass.org for all info and needed addons (including Ventrilo instructions and stuff) It's allot to download but really worth it! Mainly the best stuff OFP has to offer sinds its realease a few years ago. Remember though, because of some problems we are working on a kind of "sign in form" so we know a little bit more about the ppl connecting, till that time, just connect and join us on Ventrilo/OFP for a few Coop games and see what you think of those crazy bunch of oldies playing games :).

Coop fans also take a look at the LOL server.

www.nakedsquid.com

game.nakedsquid.com:2302

Last time i was there (seems like an age) they
were 100% Coop, not one DM or CTF.

---------------------

Hey up,

If you happen to come across that guide any time soon, I'd be most
grateful for a copy, please. Me being thick as two short planks, and all
:)

On Tue, 4 May 2004, F1yer <TZW> wrote:

> I ones made a little tutorial on how to install all addons and the order in which they should be installed, but I cant find that damn manual and going through all messages in this group is really not possible doing that from work (I need to do some work to you know:) Anyway, I hope someone of the regs can point you to that little tut so your installation will be fine from the beginning so you wont have any problems connecting ehum....be leave me, even with the tut you will probably still miss some addons but those will only be small (the latest addons are not in that tut!)

Thanks, I'm interested too. I'm 50 and ex-military. Ex-military band, that is.
;) I've been waiting for a military band add-on. You never would guess how
deadly a saxophone can be in the right hands. ;)

I've been playing off an on for about a year. I haven't quite memorized all the
numbered commands but I know enough to be dangerous. I'd like a situation to
play with some people who like to have fun but not too intense about it. It I
wanted intense people, I'd learn to play bridge. ;)

--
Mod Bod

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/cmodiset/webpage/dave_modisette.htm
Remove the PLANKFROMYOUREYE to email

LOL, I played saxophone too in the army.

Fanfare of the engeneers in Holland, back in 88. Did the 100th year
anniversary with the engeneers and the KMK and the 'Mariniers-kapel'.

Fun time, no weekends of, but always dinner in the officers-mess. We did 4
hours of standing straight every day at all kind of military parades all
over Europe. You won't hear *me* complain :)

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>

On 4-May-2004, "NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote:

> Fun time, no weekends of, but always dinner in the officers-mess. We did 4
> hours of standing straight every day at all kind of military parades all
> over Europe. You won't hear *me* complain :)

I used to do a lot of official three piece dinner music gigs in the Officer's
Club at MacDill AFB in Tampa (where I live now). We did a couple for the US
Readiness Command (now CENCOM) where the joint chiefs were there and all the
major Hucka-Muckas. They had the "Red Phone" guarded by two Security Police
there and the whole nine yards. The more stars on the shoulder the nicer the
General seemed to be. They always invited us to partake of the goodies during
our breaks.

We even had to do a New Year's brunch at a four stars house on base. Man, was
that an early one after partying the night before. ;)

AF Band meant a lot of spit and polish and more than enough Mickey mouse to go
around. Oh yeah, I got my share of base parades too.

--
Dave Modisette

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/cmodiset/webpage/Index.html
www.soundclick.com/davemodisette
www.soundclick.com/frenz4fr (**Christian Content**)

I'll have a go..
I updated the add-ons page on TJ's recently, so you should be able to get a
proper install from there.

First, start with the Sebnam addon.
What I always do is putting all files from the addons folders into the
default operationflaspoint/addons folder, NOT in /res/addons since it might
create double files (and conflicts)
Forget all the others, just grab the files from /addons and /res/addons in
the ZIP and put them straight into /addons. ALERT !@! Get the sebnam_1a.pbo
from the ROOT of the folder too, and put that one too in /addons

Then BAS. Get all the files, and extract the PBO files in there to /addons

Install FDF, and the FDF 1.2 update. It will create a neat MOD folder and a
shortcut to use (I'll sum tham later)

Install all MFCTI related files (again all into /addons)

Install WGL , the update and GAYA island. It too will create a MOD folder
for you. Just use the default settings.

Install ECP 1.71. It will create a new mod-folder for you. Copy the 3 ECP
dr-updates into /@ECP/addons, install Dynamic Range into /@ECP/addons.
Install JAM2.
Forget the INQ weapons, we don't use them. They are not compatible with DR
and JAM.

Last, but not least, get the "various" addons and again extract (or copy)
them into /addons.

Then you're ready to rock and roll.

** We use different shortcuts for different type of games, since you don't
use ALL addons at the same time.** , so here is my bunch of shortcuts :

OFP default (196) : "E:\Operation
Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -nomap
OFP FDF : "E:\Operation
Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -mod=finmod -nomap
OFP Wargames : "E:\Operation
Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -mod=WGL -nomap
OFP ECP : "E:\Operation
Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -mod=@ECP -nomap

As you can see I use the (old) beta196 executable. You replace it with the
exe you use, and the folder you install it in. The -nomap makes sure you
don't have memory-issues (see AL's site for info) and the -nosplash gets rid
if the intro.

That's all. Get ventrilo, install it following the setup-instructions on
TJ's website, and join after 2200 CET. If you still miss stuff I'm happy to
talk you through the difficult parts...

--
-
"H. Barker" <hb239@cam.ac.uk> schreef in bericht

> Hey up,
>
> If you happen to come across that guide any time soon, I'd be most
> grateful for a copy, please. Me being thick as two short planks, and all
> :)

> On Tue, 4 May 2004, F1yer <TZW> wrote:
>
> > I ones made a little tutorial on how to install all addons and the order
in which they should be installed, but I cant find that damn manual and
going through all messages in this group is really not possible doing that
from work (I need to do some work to you know:) Anyway, I hope someone of
the regs can point you to that little tut so your installation will be fine
from the beginning so you wont have any problems connecting ehum....be leave
me, even with the tut you will probably still miss some addons but those
will only be small (the latest addons are not in that tut!)

our hero Neddy
comin' to the aid of the OpFlash install challenged

muahahaha

"NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> > grateful for a copy, please. Me being thick as two short planks, and all
> > :)

> > On Tue, 4 May 2004, F1yer <TZW> wrote:
> >
> > > I ones made a little tutorial on how to install all addons and the
order
> in which they should be installed, but I cant find that damn manual and
> going through all messages in this group is really not possible doing that
> from work (I need to do some work to you know:) Anyway, I hope someone of
> the regs can point you to that little tut so your installation will be
fine
> from the beginning so you wont have any problems connecting ehum....be
leave
> me, even with the tut you will probably still miss some addons but those
> will only be small (the latest addons are not in that tut!)

Hi Ned,

Thanks for the writeup, I'll give that a go. Loads to install, but I dare
say I'll get it working one day.

Now if you chaps could just let me know when you're accepting new players,
that's the major obstacle :)

On Wed, 5 May 2004, NedFox <TZW> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Hey up,
> >
> > If you happen to come across that guide any time soon, I'd be most
> > grateful for a copy, please. Me being thick as two short planks, and all
> > :)

> > On Tue, 4 May 2004, F1yer <TZW> wrote:
> >
> > > I ones made a little tutorial on how to install all addons and the order
> in which they should be installed, but I cant find that damn manual and
> going through all messages in this group is really not possible doing that
> from work (I need to do some work to you know:) Anyway, I hope someone of
> the regs can point you to that little tut so your installation will be fine
> from the beginning so you wont have any problems connecting ehum....be leave
> me, even with the tut you will probably still miss some addons but those
> will only be small (the latest addons are not in that tut!)

Looking at your age it won't be a problem. Like I said, get on the ventrilo
channel and meet us.. From there it's an easy start. The 'rules' are mainly
setup to avoid children connecting.. Most of us deal with children in
daytime and want to have a beer with grownups :)

--
-

> Hi Ned,
>
> Thanks for the writeup, I'll give that a go. Loads to install, but I dare
> say I'll get it working one day.
>
> Now if you chaps could just let me know when you're accepting new players,
> that's the major obstacle :)

TJ

Some of you may know this, but famous english comedian Spike Milligan got
started as a Musician in WWII.

TJ

has any1 seen that film about spike milligan in the army? i think its
called milligans war. thats pretty good.

i grew up with spike milligan (not literally). he truly was a comic genious.