All Programs icon not clickable

Anybody have the Start | All Programs icon fail to transport you to your
applications icons in Windows XP? This is a first for me.

The only remedy I can think of is to use the installation CD in repair mode
to attempt a fix. I generally have thirty plus apps on my hard drive,
including two or three trial downloads of one kind or another. I do not
recall that the condition resulted from installing any of the trials.
System Restore does not fix the problem.

Paul King

I'm posting this, but the question was asked by
Paul King in another group.
--
William B. Lurie

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:425C8333.7010405@nospam.org,
billurie@nospam.org <billurie@nospam.org> had this to say:

> Anybody have the Start | All Programs icon fail to transport you to
> your applications icons in Windows XP? This is a first for me.
>
> The only remedy I can think of is to use the installation CD in
> repair mode to attempt a fix. I generally have thirty plus apps on my
> hard drive, including two or three trial downloads of one kind or
> another. I do not recall that the condition resulted from installing
> any of the trials. System Restore does not fix the problem.
>
> Paul King
>
> I'm posting this, but the question was asked by
> Paul King in another group.

What happens if the OP switches to classic start menu type and then back
again?

Galen