3cA

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
Hi, I have an Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra and I am wondering if I can still run the ATI demo "Toy Shop."

When I try to run the demo, I get the following message:

---------------------------
ATI Demo Suite Demo v1.2 Engine v2.3
This demo requires support of DirectX 9.0c, and support for the
1010102 backbuffer format. The graphics processor and/or drivers
in this system do not meet these requirements.

If your graphics processor is an ATI Radeon X1800 or newer, please
visit ATI.COM to download the latest drivers. If you do not have
DirectX 9.0c or newer installed, visit MICROSOFT.COM/DIRECTX

This application will now exit.
OK

Is there anyway I can gain support for the 1010102 backbuffer? Or did ATI design their demo to be compatible with ATI cards only?

Thanks in advanced.

I'm really going out on a limb here... but considering this is an ATi demo, would you not think that it would only work on ATi video cards? Same as nVidia demos only working with nVidia cards.

I don't mean to sound condescending or anything... just trying to make the point that ATi tech demos are only going to work with ATi-based video cards. After all, would ATi really want to demonstrate that their demos look great on nVidia's hardware?

Well don't I look stupid...

I would have thought ATi would put something in their demos to prevent them from running on anything other than an ATi-based video card. Oh well... learn something new everday and such....

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Well don't I look stupid...

I would have thought ATi would put something in their demos to prevent them from running on anything other than an ATi-based video card. Oh well... learn something new everday and such....

"Sushi" does most of the demos for ATI. I don't think ATI owns them, so I think that's why they run on Nvidia also.