OPFP 9800pro

Hello,

I am having a spot of bother trying to load up flashpoint. I get the
following error message

[Picture Removed]

I also get another one that says almost the same thing as above

CreateIndexBuffer fail 8876017c Out of Memory.

I have tried the follow thing, gather from the forums,
Turning AGP fast writes on and off
-nosplash
-nomap
Changing the AGP aperature size from 32, 64, and 128.

The following are my system specs
Windows2000 profesional with all updates
DirectX9.0b
Catalyst 4.4 drivers for ATI 9800pro
1gig DDR400 ram
2500+ Athlon XP
ATI9800pro lastest drivers
ASUS an8x7 nForce2 deluxe with newest MB drivers 3.13 nvidia drivers

The game runs if i set the video renderer to Direct3d, but the preformance
is not worth playing, It gives these errors with I try to start the games
with Direct3d H&L
31 answers Last reply
More about opfp 9800pro
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Maybe try deleting (or renaming) the flashpoint.cfg file and running the
    preferences program to reinitialise it. I have similar specs to you and have
    no probs, my cfg is below so you can compare. The benchmark may be higher as
    my cpu is a 3000 and the refresh is 60 as I use an LCD monitor but the rest
    should be pretty similar.

    Light_Explo="1";
    Cloudlets="1";
    Cockpit_Textures="2048";
    Limit_LOD="0.019000";
    CPU_Benchmark="5338";
    3D_Performance="5338";
    Frame_Rate_Pref="500";
    VehShadows="1";
    File_Heap="16";
    Object_Textures="2048";
    HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L";
    MaxObjects="256";
    Shadows="1";
    Language="English";
    Quality_Pref="500";
    Resolution_W="1024";
    Adapter="0";
    Texture_Heap="16";
    Resolution_Bpp="32";
    Resolution_H="768";
    Reflections="1";
    MaxLights="32";
    Sky="1";
    Animated_Textures="64";
    Light_Missile="1";
    Landscape_Textures="2048";
    Textures_Drop_Down="4";
    Shadows_LOD="0.050000";
    LOD="7.500000";
    Total_Memory="1024 MB";
    Light_Static="1";
    Product="Resistance";
    refresh=60;
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    With your AGP set at 64 in the BIOS and the -nomap switch in the shortcut al should work fine. If not, you might wanna do a clean install (hee, join the club! :) Start up and see if all works (with the -nomap switch!) and than start adding addons.

    >>> Jeatalong<jeatalong@internode.on.net> 6-5-04 4:41:39 >>>
[...]

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Are you really sure you used the -nomap switch right? Becuase if I remember correctly, the -nomap switch had to be used sinds the release of the 1.91 patch and every patch after that one. Your shotcut should look something like this : "E:\Operation
    Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -nomap

    Sure u probably already tried this the right way but you never know :)

    >>> Jeatalong<jeatalong@internode.on.net> 6-5-04 17:04:54 >>>
    It seem to only work if I use the game unpatched, soon as a I try to run the
    game under 1.96 it screws up badly.

    I assume that they 1.96 patch is all the one version, not done for for
    different localities. If it is done for different localities what would I be
    needing for Australia

    "Jeatalong" <jeatalong@internode.on.net> wrote in message
    > Thanks for this bit of advice, I emailed support email that I found in the
    > flashpoint1985 forums, but haven't got any reply.
    >
    > This is the most help that I have had in trying to solve this problem
    >

    > "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Maybe try deleting (or renaming) the flashpoint.cfg file and running the
    > > preferences program to reinitialise it. I have similar specs to you and
    > have
    > > no probs, my cfg is below so you can compare. The benchmark may be
    higher
    > as
    > > my cpu is a 3000 and the refresh is 60 as I use an LCD monitor but the
    > rest
    > > should be pretty similar.
    > >
    > > Light_Explo="1";
    > > Cloudlets="1";
    > > Cockpit_Textures="2048";
    > > Limit_LOD="0.019000";
    > > CPU_Benchmark="5338";
    > > 3D_Performance="5338";
    > > Frame_Rate_Pref="500";
    > > VehShadows="1";
    > > File_Heap="16";
    > > Object_Textures="2048";
    > > HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L";
    > > MaxObjects="256";
    > > Shadows="1";
    > > Language="English";
    > > Quality_Pref="500";
    > > Resolution_W="1024";
    > > Adapter="0";
    > > Texture_Heap="16";
    > > Resolution_Bpp="32";
    > > Resolution_H="768";
    > > Reflections="1";
    > > MaxLights="32";
    > > Sky="1";
    > > Animated_Textures="64";
    > > Light_Missile="1";
    > > Landscape_Textures="2048";
    > > Textures_Drop_Down="4";
    > > Shadows_LOD="0.050000";
    > > LOD="7.500000";
    > > Total_Memory="1024 MB";
    > > Light_Static="1";
    > > Product="Resistance";
    > > refresh=60;

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Thanks for this bit of advice, I emailed support email that I found in the
    flashpoint1985 forums, but haven't got any reply.

    This is the most help that I have had in trying to solve this problem

    "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Maybe try deleting (or renaming) the flashpoint.cfg file and running the
    > preferences program to reinitialise it. I have similar specs to you and
    have
    > no probs, my cfg is below so you can compare. The benchmark may be higher
    as
    > my cpu is a 3000 and the refresh is 60 as I use an LCD monitor but the
    rest
    > should be pretty similar.
    >
    > Light_Explo="1";
    > Cloudlets="1";
    > Cockpit_Textures="2048";
    > Limit_LOD="0.019000";
    > CPU_Benchmark="5338";
    > 3D_Performance="5338";
    > Frame_Rate_Pref="500";
    > VehShadows="1";
    > File_Heap="16";
    > Object_Textures="2048";
    > HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L";
    > MaxObjects="256";
    > Shadows="1";
    > Language="English";
    > Quality_Pref="500";
    > Resolution_W="1024";
    > Adapter="0";
    > Texture_Heap="16";
    > Resolution_Bpp="32";
    > Resolution_H="768";
    > Reflections="1";
    > MaxLights="32";
    > Sky="1";
    > Animated_Textures="64";
    > Light_Missile="1";
    > Landscape_Textures="2048";
    > Textures_Drop_Down="4";
    > Shadows_LOD="0.050000";
    > LOD="7.500000";
    > Total_Memory="1024 MB";
    > Light_Static="1";
    > Product="Resistance";
    > refresh=60;

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    It seem to only work if I use the game unpatched, soon as a I try to run the
    game under 1.96 it screws up badly.

    I assume that they 1.96 patch is all the one version, not done for for
    different localities. If it is done for different localities what would I be
    needing for Australia

    "Jeatalong" <jeatalong@internode.on.net> wrote in message
    > Thanks for this bit of advice, I emailed support email that I found in the
    > flashpoint1985 forums, but haven't got any reply.
    >
    > This is the most help that I have had in trying to solve this problem
    >

    > "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Maybe try deleting (or renaming) the flashpoint.cfg file and running the
    > > preferences program to reinitialise it. I have similar specs to you and
    > have
    > > no probs, my cfg is below so you can compare. The benchmark may be
    higher
    > as
    > > my cpu is a 3000 and the refresh is 60 as I use an LCD monitor but the
    > rest
    > > should be pretty similar.
    > >
    > > Light_Explo="1";
    > > Cloudlets="1";
    > > Cockpit_Textures="2048";
    > > Limit_LOD="0.019000";
    > > CPU_Benchmark="5338";
    > > 3D_Performance="5338";
    > > Frame_Rate_Pref="500";
    > > VehShadows="1";
    > > File_Heap="16";
    > > Object_Textures="2048";
    > > HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L";
    > > MaxObjects="256";
    > > Shadows="1";
    > > Language="English";
    > > Quality_Pref="500";
    > > Resolution_W="1024";
    > > Adapter="0";
    > > Texture_Heap="16";
    > > Resolution_Bpp="32";
    > > Resolution_H="768";
    > > Reflections="1";
    > > MaxLights="32";
    > > Sky="1";
    > > Animated_Textures="64";
    > > Light_Missile="1";
    > > Landscape_Textures="2048";
    > > Textures_Drop_Down="4";
    > > Shadows_LOD="0.050000";
    > > LOD="7.500000";
    > > Total_Memory="1024 MB";
    > > Light_Static="1";
    > > Product="Resistance";
    > > refresh=60;

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Yep tried it... ack this is getting annoying.

    This the the name of the *.exe file file that I am using to patch.
    OFPGOTYPatch_196.exe I am almost at the stage of uninstalling the game and
    then reinstalling it. Funny how it works for 1.4something and not 1.96

    I must attack this problem in the morning instead of doing it late at night.
    I would love to be able to post, that I was an idiot and that it was
    something simple. All my current game that I play, Desert Combat, Forgotten
    Hope, Battlefield Veitnam, Farcry all work reliabily with no problem, so
    this i the bit that is annoying me.

    "F1yer <TZW>" <F1yer@sjijthausen.de> wrote in message
    > Are you really sure you used the -nomap switch right? Becuase if I
    remember correctly, the -nomap switch had to be used sinds the release of
    the 1.91 patch and every patch after that one. Your shotcut should look
    something like this : "E:\Operation
    > Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -nomap
    >
    > Sure u probably already tried this the right way but you never know :)

    > It seem to only work if I use the game unpatched, soon as a I try to run
    the
    > game under 1.96 it screws up badly.
    >
    > I assume that they 1.96 patch is all the one version, not done for for
    > different localities. If it is done for different localities what would I
    be
    > needing for Australia
    >
    > "Jeatalong" <jeatalong@internode.on.net> wrote in message
    > > Thanks for this bit of advice, I emailed support email that I found in
    the
    > > flashpoint1985 forums, but haven't got any reply.
    > >
    > > This is the most help that I have had in trying to solve this problem
    > >

    > > "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Maybe try deleting (or renaming) the flashpoint.cfg file and running
    the
    > > > preferences program to reinitialise it. I have similar specs to you
    and
    > > have
    > > > no probs, my cfg is below so you can compare. The benchmark may be
    > higher
    > > as
    > > > my cpu is a 3000 and the refresh is 60 as I use an LCD monitor but the
    > > rest
    > > > should be pretty similar.
    > > >
    > > > Light_Explo="1";
    > > > Cloudlets="1";
    > > > Cockpit_Textures="2048";
    > > > Limit_LOD="0.019000";
    > > > CPU_Benchmark="5338";
    > > > 3D_Performance="5338";
    > > > Frame_Rate_Pref="500";
    > > > VehShadows="1";
    > > > File_Heap="16";
    > > > Object_Textures="2048";
    > > > HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L";
    > > > MaxObjects="256";
    > > > Shadows="1";
    > > > Language="English";
    > > > Quality_Pref="500";
    > > > Resolution_W="1024";
    > > > Adapter="0";
    > > > Texture_Heap="16";
    > > > Resolution_Bpp="32";
    > > > Resolution_H="768";
    > > > Reflections="1";
    > > > MaxLights="32";
    > > > Sky="1";
    > > > Animated_Textures="64";
    > > > Light_Missile="1";
    > > > Landscape_Textures="2048";
    > > > Textures_Drop_Down="4";
    > > > Shadows_LOD="0.050000";
    > > > LOD="7.500000";
    > > > Total_Memory="1024 MB";
    > > > Light_Static="1";
    > > > Product="Resistance";
    > > > refresh=60;

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Jeatalong wrote:
    > Yep tried it... ack this is getting annoying.
    >
    > This the the name of the *.exe file file that I am using to patch.
    > OFPGOTYPatch_196.exe I am almost at the stage of uninstalling the
    > game and then reinstalling it. Funny how it works for 1.4something
    > and not 1.96

    Ehh... Do you have the GOTY edition of the game? If you don't (but have
    Original OFP + Resistance expansion instead), use the non-GOTY patch.

    --
    mvh / Regards
    Bjørn Halvor Bergtun (Xenu <TZW>)

    I dunno about the GOTY edition but for the original game + 2 campaign disks,
    I had to put on two patches to get to 1.96. There is a patch that goes from
    the installation of Resisitance (dunno the version number of that) to 1.91,
    then another patch from 1.91 to 1.96. Maybe you're trying to run the 1.96
    exe but you need this other patch installed prior to the 1.96 one?*

    *of course, this could well be total bollocks for the GOTY edition. Just
    another thing to try I guess!

    PS. just had a look at the Flashpoint site and as long as your version is
    1.75 or higher, you only need one patch

    http://www.flashpoint1985.com/download/index3.html
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Is your shortcut pointing to the new 1.96 exe...

    Kango

    "Bjørn Halvor Bergtun" <ask-me@online.nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Jeatalong wrote:
    > > Yep tried it... ack this is getting annoying.
    > >
    > > This the the name of the *.exe file file that I am using to patch.
    > > OFPGOTYPatch_196.exe I am almost at the stage of uninstalling the
    > > game and then reinstalling it. Funny how it works for 1.4something
    > > and not 1.96
    >
    > Ehh... Do you have the GOTY edition of the game? If you don't (but have
    > Original OFP + Resistance expansion instead), use the non-GOTY patch.
    >
    > --
    > mvh / Regards
    > Bjørn Halvor Bergtun (Xenu <TZW>)

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    OK reinstalling the game again to a clean directory. I am going to pay
    attention to what I am doing this time. It is the game of the year edition.
    I am re-downloading the patch as I type this. I would nehas though I would
    that installing a game would cause me so much grief. Than again this will be
    a minor problem compared to the amount of sleep I will be loosing to this
    game. :-)

    /me crosses fingers

    Do you know if there is a followinbg of decent size in Australia, would be a
    shame to have to play on use servers with 300ping or so.

    > I dunno about the GOTY edition but for the original game + 2 campaign
    disks,
    > I had to put on two patches to get to 1.96. There is a patch that goes
    from
    > the installation of Resisitance (dunno the version number of that) to
    1.91,
    > then another patch from 1.91 to 1.96. Maybe you're trying to run the 1.96
    > exe but you need this other patch installed prior to the 1.96 one?*
    >
    > *of course, this could well be total bollocks for the GOTY edition. Just
    > another thing to try I guess!
    >
    > PS. just had a look at the Flashpoint site and as long as your version is
    > 1.75 or higher, you only need one patch
    >
    > http://www.flashpoint1985.com/download/index3.html

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > OK reinstalling the game again to a clean directory. I am going to
    pay
    > attention to what I am doing this time. It is the game of the year
    edition.
    > I am re-downloading the patch as I type this. I would nehas though I
    would
    > that installing a game would cause me so much grief. Than again this
    will be
    > a minor problem compared to the amount of sleep I will be loosing to
    this
    > game. :-)
    >
    > /me crosses fingers
    >
    > Do you know if there is a followinbg of decent size in Australia,
    would be a
    > shame to have to play on use servers with 300ping or so.
    >
    > "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I dunno about the GOTY edition but for the original game + 2
    campaign
    > disks,
    > > I had to put on two patches to get to 1.96. There is a patch that
    goes
    > from
    > > the installation of Resisitance (dunno the version number of that)
    > 1.91,
    > > then another patch from 1.91 to 1.96. Maybe you're trying to run
    the 1.96
    > > exe but you need this other patch installed prior to the 1.96
    one?*

    > > *of course, this could well be total bollocks for the GOTY
    edition. Just
    > > another thing to try I guess!
    > >
    > > PS. just had a look at the Flashpoint site and as long as your
    version is
    > > 1.75 or higher, you only need one patch
    > >
    > > http://www.flashpoint1985.com/download/index3.html

    If you want to find severs in Oz, use 'the all seeing eye' google will
    provide. This game browser, like the awful gamespy, will show you a
    little flag that tells you which country the server is based in.
    Still, lowest ping wins eh?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    I know it is tardy replying to your own post, but it works

    "Jeatalong" <jeatalong@internode.on.net> wrote in message
    > OK reinstalling the game again to a clean directory. I am going to pay
    > attention to what I am doing this time. It is the game of the year
    edition.
    > I am re-downloading the patch as I type this. I would nehas though I would
    > that installing a game would cause me so much grief. Than again this will
    be
    > a minor problem compared to the amount of sleep I will be loosing to this
    > game. :-)
    >
    > /me crosses fingers
    >
    > Do you know if there is a followinbg of decent size in Australia, would be
    > shame to have to play on use servers with 300ping or so.
    >
    > "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I dunno about the GOTY edition but for the original game + 2 campaign
    > disks,
    > > I had to put on two patches to get to 1.96. There is a patch that goes
    > from
    > > the installation of Resisitance (dunno the version number of that) to
    > 1.91,
    > > then another patch from 1.91 to 1.96. Maybe you're trying to run the
    1.96
    > > exe but you need this other patch installed prior to the 1.96 one?*
    > >
    > > *of course, this could well be total bollocks for the GOTY edition. Just
    > > another thing to try I guess!
    > >
    > > PS. just had a look at the Flashpoint site and as long as your version
    is
    > > 1.75 or higher, you only need one patch
    > >
    > > http://www.flashpoint1985.com/download/index3.html

  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    "didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Jeatalong" <jeatalong@internode.on.net> wrote in message
    > > OK reinstalling the game again to a clean directory. I am going to
    > pay
    > > attention to what I am doing this time. It is the game of the year
    > edition.
    > > I am re-downloading the patch as I type this. I would nehas though I
    > would
    > > that installing a game would cause me so much grief. Than again this
    > will be
    > > a minor problem compared to the amount of sleep I will be loosing to
    > this
    > > game. :-)
    > >
    > > /me crosses fingers
    > >
    > > Do you know if there is a followinbg of decent size in Australia,
    > would be a
    > > shame to have to play on use servers with 300ping or so.
    > >
    > > "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > I dunno about the GOTY edition but for the original game + 2
    > campaign
    > > disks,
    > > > I had to put on two patches to get to 1.96. There is a patch that
    > goes
    > > from
    > > > the installation of Resisitance (dunno the version number of that)
    > > 1.91,
    > > > then another patch from 1.91 to 1.96. Maybe you're trying to run
    > the 1.96
    > > > exe but you need this other patch installed prior to the 1.96
    > one?*
    > > >
    > > > *of course, this could well be total bollocks for the GOTY
    > edition. Just
    > > > another thing to try I guess!
    > > >
    > > > PS. just had a look at the Flashpoint site and as long as your
    > version is
    > > > 1.75 or higher, you only need one patch
    > > >
    > > > http://www.flashpoint1985.com/download/index3.html
    > > >

    > If you want to find severs in Oz, use 'the all seeing eye' google will
    > provide. This game browser, like the awful gamespy, will show you a
    > little flag that tells you which country the server is based in.
    > Still, lowest ping wins eh?

    It will always be lowest ping wins here in .au until I manage to change the
    speed of light. Where I am now, my nearest adsl POP is 3000km from me in a
    straight line, and it is not uncommon to get that routered in the wrong
    directio, so my packet travel 7000km to my POP before they go any where
    else.

    Sort of a shitty situation where have here in the Northern Territory, in
    regards to the ADSL infrastucture, with only 150 000 people in the area of
    about 3 US states.

    I am happy at least I got OPFP working. What sort of settings will a
    computer go with 3D_Performance="4807"; CPU_Benchmark=4807; for there auto
    detect on startup, what sort of change are needed to be made to get the most
    out of a 9800pro and 1gig ram? And finally which perference program shold I
    be running to change the settings?

    OpFlashPreferences.exe
    FlashpointPreferences.exe

    Yes I am worried about screwing up my game install again. I found I had to
    install the 1.91 patch and the the 1.91 to 1.96 over that instead, of using
    the full 1.96 patch.

    Thanks for all the help you guys have been.... You help me a lot fast then
    the official forums, hell I am still waiting to get posting rights after 6
    days.

    /Jeatalong, bullet catcher extordonaire
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    You should use the flashpoint preferences.

    Your grahics card is post OFP grahics engine
    it won't help you much, roll on OFP2. The best
    option for you would be a cpu upgrade but your
    hardware is more than good enough as it is.

    You mean there is a communication company in
    Aus. who will run adsl out to a couple of people
    in the northern territories, how much do they charge you.
    It would not happen here, there are still many areas in
    England who still can't get it and those that do have to be
    within a couple of miles of an exchange.

    You aussie's all you do is winge, winge, winge.

    -----------
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Bwibble is right on all those points. A graphics card upgrade will make
    things look *marginally* better with improved framerates - but let's not
    forget here that this game looks great on a GF2 440MX. Cheapest card to get
    best performance would be a GF4 400.

    Best save your money for other things.

    --

    Liddle Feesh
    *fap fap fap fap*

    "Bwibble <TZW>" <Bwibble@LTNhellworld.comedy> wrote in message
    > You should use the flashpoint preferences.
    >
    > Your grahics card is post OFP grahics engine
    > it won't help you much, roll on OFP2. The best
    > option for you would be a cpu upgrade but your
    > hardware is more than good enough as it is.

    I know my hardware exceeds the requirements be a major margin, just
    wondering about tweaking the LOD and a few other thing. What about add ons,
    like more expressive explosions

    > You mean there is a communication company in
    > Aus. who will run adsl out to a couple of people
    > in the northern territories, how much do they charge you.
    > It would not happen here, there are still many areas in
    > England who still can't get it and those that do have to be
    > within a couple of miles of an exchange.
    >
    > You aussie's all you do is winge, winge, winge.

    Those be fighting words.... =P

    winge, winge, winge, must have got that from genetics ;-)

    ADSL in the NT, well my provider, is $59.95 for 12gig 512/128. That data
    gets back hualed the the nearest adsl aggreration point which is adelaide,
    before it gets turned in to ethernet traffic and can travel on the high
    speed links in .au

    -----------

  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Considering your location i think i would be
    reasonably happy with that, are you?

    I have NTL cable (600/128), £29.99,
    supposed to be a 1 gig a day cap but
    not seen it yet.

    ------------
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > Considering your location i think i would be
    > reasonably happy with that, are you?
    >
    > I have NTL cable (600/128), £29.99,
    > supposed to be a 1 gig a day cap but
    > not seen it yet.
    >
    > ------------
    >
    > I've noticed a couple of Aussie servers in the public list, usually
    running some Aussie mod.
    Surely a good graphics card would help you with viewing distance,terrain
    detail etc(ECP!!!)

    Kango
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    ECP never really seemed to slow the game down for me but this WGL lark is
    laggy as hell whenever I've had it running. I've not tried any specific WGL
    missions yet so am waiting to be impressed by it. I'd just like an addon
    that did some fancier explosions and that'd do; I couldn't care less about
    buzzing flies, bleeding to death, blackouts or tarted up compasses!

    PS. The night vision in WGL is better, I'll give you that.

    :-D
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > ECP never really seemed to slow the game down for me but this WGL lark is
    > laggy as hell whenever I've had it running. I've not tried any specific
    WGL
    > missions yet so am waiting to be impressed by it. I'd just like an addon
    > that did some fancier explosions and that'd do; I couldn't care less about
    > buzzing flies, bleeding to death, blackouts or tarted up compasses!
    >
    > PS. The night vision in WGL is better, I'll give you that.
    >
    > :-D

    > Don't know if you've tried this...

    http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/bratty/PB/files/OFPR_Addon_GMRexplosionsMod_v149.zip

    Kango
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Cheers Kango, just had a quick go and it looks good. Will try it later on
    with something more intense like a cti.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >ECP never really seemed to slow the game down for me but this WGL lark is
    >laggy as hell whenever I've had it running. I've not tried any specific WGL
    >missions yet so am waiting to be impressed by it. I'd just like an addon
    >that did some fancier explosions and that'd do; I couldn't care less about
    >buzzing flies, bleeding to death, blackouts or tarted up compasses!

    Can higly recommend GMR's ExploMod 1.49, use it all the time also
    works in multiplayer. I don't have an URL handy but google for it
    and it should show up. If not let me know and I will send it to you.

    /Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    "CJ" <xyz@eatspam.com> wrote in message
    > "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >ECP never really seemed to slow the game down for me but this WGL lark is
    > >laggy as hell whenever I've had it running. I've not tried any specific
    WGL
    > >missions yet so am waiting to be impressed by it. I'd just like an addon
    > >that did some fancier explosions and that'd do; I couldn't care less
    about
    > >buzzing flies, bleeding to death, blackouts or tarted up compasses!
    >
    > Can higly recommend GMR's ExploMod 1.49, use it all the time also
    > works in multiplayer. I don't have an URL handy but google for it
    > and it should show up. If not let me know and I will send it to you.
    >
    > /Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

    So get this one and use it in the single player game
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > "CJ" <xyz@eatspam.com> wrote in message
    > > "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > >ECP never really seemed to slow the game down for me but this WGL lark
    is
    > > >laggy as hell whenever I've had it running. I've not tried any specific
    > WGL
    > > >missions yet so am waiting to be impressed by it. I'd just like an
    addon
    > > >that did some fancier explosions and that'd do; I couldn't care less
    > about
    > > >buzzing flies, bleeding to death, blackouts or tarted up compasses!
    > >
    > > Can higly recommend GMR's ExploMod 1.49, use it all the time also
    > > works in multiplayer. I don't have an URL handy but google for it
    > > and it should show up. If not let me know and I will send it to you.
    > >
    > > /Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)
    > >

    > So get this one and use it in the single player game

    Hmm no google luck for me
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Link 4 messages up

    Kango

    > "Jeatalong" <jeatalong@internode.on.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "CJ" <xyz@eatspam.com> wrote in message

    > is
    > > WGL
    > addon
    > > about
    > > >
    > > > Can higly recommend GMR's ExploMod 1.49, use it all the time also
    > > > works in multiplayer. I don't have an URL handy but google for it
    > > > and it should show up. If not let me know and I will send it to you.
    > > >
    > > > /Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)
    > > >

    > > So get this one and use it in the single player game
    > >

    > Hmm no google luck for me

  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Blah, I am feeling like a complete computer newbie, getting to grips with
    all the ins and outs of this game, and relearning it comanding it, and the
    lethality of the firepower involved in the game. I am getting to grips with
    that side of it slowly, going to go back and redo some missions again and
    complete them more elegantly.

    My main problem is what do I exactly do with the unzipped files, where do
    they go and where are they used. Do I put all the file in the directory or
    just the versions that you want to use.

    From what I gether there are 3 different types of effect file

    Smoke
    Fire
    Smoke and fire

    Do I put all those in and the computer will randomly pick the right effect
    or do I only put one in? So many questions I feel I am asking.

    "RobertJM" <robert@rockNObottomSPAM.plus.com> wrote in message
    > Link 4 messages up

  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    The installation details are at the bottom of the readme file,
    You choose ONE of the config files and put it in the mod folder, think they
    vary in degrees of detail/effects so the more detail the faster PC you
    need..

    Kango

    > Blah, I am feeling like a complete computer newbie, getting to grips with
    > all the ins and outs of this game, and relearning it comanding it, and
    the
    > lethality of the firepower involved in the game. I am getting to grips
    with
    > that side of it slowly, going to go back and redo some missions again and
    > complete them more elegantly.
    >
    > My main problem is what do I exactly do with the unzipped files, where do
    > they go and where are they used. Do I put all the file in the directory or
    > just the versions that you want to use.
    >
    > From what I gether there are 3 different types of effect file
    >
    > Smoke
    > Fire
    > Smoke and fire
    >
    > Do I put all those in and the computer will randomly pick the right effect
    > or do I only put one in? So many questions I feel I am asking.
    >

    > "RobertJM" <robert@rockNObottomSPAM.plus.com> wrote in message
    > > Link 4 messages up

  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    CJ wrote:

    > "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>ECP never really seemed to slow the game down for me but this WGL lark
    >>is laggy as hell whenever I've had it running. I've not tried any
    >>specific WGL missions yet so am waiting to be impressed by it. I'd
    >>just like an addon that did some fancier explosions and that'd do; I
    >>couldn't care less about buzzing flies, bleeding to death, blackouts
    >>or tarted up compasses!
    >
    > Can higly recommend GMR's ExploMod 1.49, use it all the time also
    > works in multiplayer. I don't have an URL handy but google for it
    > and it should show up. If not let me know and I will send it to you.

    We only had troubles with GMR in MP, players using it crashed out of the
    game really often, something which didn't happen with ecp.
    cu,

    Markus
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Markus Holzapfel <frefoli@gmx.net> wrote:

    >We only had troubles with GMR in MP, players using it crashed out of the
    >game really often, something which didn't happen with ecp.
    >cu,

    No problems here... Did you make sure the host/dedicated server also
    was running GMR's ExploMod?

    /Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    CJ wrote:

    > Markus Holzapfel <frefoli@gmx.net> wrote:
    >
    >>We only had troubles with GMR in MP, players using it crashed out of
    >>the game really often, something which didn't happen with ecp.
    >>cu,
    >
    > No problems here... Did you make sure the host/dedicated server also
    > was running GMR's ExploMod?

    No, the server was not running it. But when someone joins with ecp he
    can usually play, but the guys using gmr crash more often than not.
    Although i haven't seen one for a long time now.
    cu,

    Markus
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Markus Holzapfel <frefoli@gmx.net> wrote:

    >No, the server was not running it.

    Then thats your problem! If you intend to use GMR's
    ExploMod in MP make ure the host/server is running it
    as well.

    /Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Video Games