OPFP 9800pro

Hello,

I am having a spot of bother trying to load up flashpoint. I get the
following error message

[Picture Removed]

I also get another one that says almost the same thing as above

CreateIndexBuffer fail 8876017c Out of Memory.

I have tried the follow thing, gather from the forums,
Turning AGP fast writes on and off
-nosplash
-nomap
Changing the AGP aperature size from 32, 64, and 128.

The following are my system specs
Windows2000 profesional with all updates
DirectX9.0b
Catalyst 4.4 drivers for ATI 9800pro
1gig DDR400 ram
2500+ Athlon XP
ATI9800pro lastest drivers
ASUS an8x7 nForce2 deluxe with newest MB drivers 3.13 nvidia drivers

The game runs if i set the video renderer to Direct3d, but the preformance
is not worth playing, It gives these errors with I try to start the games
with Direct3d H&L

Maybe try deleting (or renaming) the flashpoint.cfg file and running the
preferences program to reinitialise it. I have similar specs to you and have
no probs, my cfg is below so you can compare. The benchmark may be higher as
my cpu is a 3000 and the refresh is 60 as I use an LCD monitor but the rest
should be pretty similar.

Light_Explo="1";
Cloudlets="1";
Cockpit_Textures="2048";
Limit_LOD="0.019000";
CPU_Benchmark="5338";
3D_Performance="5338";
Frame_Rate_Pref="500";
VehShadows="1";
File_Heap="16";
Object_Textures="2048";
HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L";
MaxObjects="256";
Shadows="1";
Language="English";
Quality_Pref="500";
Resolution_W="1024";
Adapter="0";
Texture_Heap="16";
Resolution_Bpp="32";
Resolution_H="768";
Reflections="1";
MaxLights="32";
Sky="1";
Animated_Textures="64";
Light_Missile="1";
Landscape_Textures="2048";
Textures_Drop_Down="4";
Shadows_LOD="0.050000";
LOD="7.500000";
Total_Memory="1024 MB";
Light_Static="1";
Product="Resistance";
refresh=60;

With your AGP set at 64 in the BIOS and the -nomap switch in the shortcut al should work fine. If not, you might wanna do a clean install (hee, join the club! :) Start up and see if all works (with the -nomap switch!) and than start adding addons.

>>> Jeatalong<jeatalong@internode.on.net> 6-5-04 4:41:39 >>>
[...]

Are you really sure you used the -nomap switch right? Becuase if I remember correctly, the -nomap switch had to be used sinds the release of the 1.91 patch and every patch after that one. Your shotcut should look something like this : "E:\Operation
Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -nomap

Sure u probably already tried this the right way but you never know :)

>>> Jeatalong<jeatalong@internode.on.net> 6-5-04 17:04:54 >>>
It seem to only work if I use the game unpatched, soon as a I try to run the
game under 1.96 it screws up badly.

I assume that they 1.96 patch is all the one version, not done for for
different localities. If it is done for different localities what would I be
needing for Australia

"Jeatalong" <jeatalong@internode.on.net> wrote in message
> [...]

Thanks for this bit of advice, I emailed support email that I found in the
flashpoint1985 forums, but haven't got any reply.

This is the most help that I have had in trying to solve this problem

"Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Maybe try deleting (or renaming) the flashpoint.cfg file and running the
> preferences program to reinitialise it. I have similar specs to you and
have
> no probs, my cfg is below so you can compare. The benchmark may be higher
as
> my cpu is a 3000 and the refresh is 60 as I use an LCD monitor but the
rest
> should be pretty similar.
>
> Light_Explo="1";
> Cloudlets="1";
> Cockpit_Textures="2048";
> Limit_LOD="0.019000";
> CPU_Benchmark="5338";
> 3D_Performance="5338";
> Frame_Rate_Pref="500";
> VehShadows="1";
> File_Heap="16";
> Object_Textures="2048";
> HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L";
> MaxObjects="256";
> Shadows="1";
> Language="English";
> Quality_Pref="500";
> Resolution_W="1024";
> Adapter="0";
> Texture_Heap="16";
> Resolution_Bpp="32";
> Resolution_H="768";
> Reflections="1";
> MaxLights="32";
> Sky="1";
> Animated_Textures="64";
> Light_Missile="1";
> Landscape_Textures="2048";
> Textures_Drop_Down="4";
> Shadows_LOD="0.050000";
> LOD="7.500000";
> Total_Memory="1024 MB";
> Light_Static="1";
> Product="Resistance";
> refresh=60;

It seem to only work if I use the game unpatched, soon as a I try to run the
game under 1.96 it screws up badly.

I assume that they 1.96 patch is all the one version, not done for for
different localities. If it is done for different localities what would I be
needing for Australia

"Jeatalong" <jeatalong@internode.on.net> wrote in message
> Thanks for this bit of advice, I emailed support email that I found in the
> flashpoint1985 forums, but haven't got any reply.
>
> This is the most help that I have had in trying to solve this problem
>

> "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Maybe try deleting (or renaming) the flashpoint.cfg file and running the
> > preferences program to reinitialise it. I have similar specs to you and
> have
> > no probs, my cfg is below so you can compare. The benchmark may be
higher
> as
> > my cpu is a 3000 and the refresh is 60 as I use an LCD monitor but the

Yep tried it... ack this is getting annoying.

This the the name of the *.exe file file that I am using to patch.
OFPGOTYPatch_196.exe I am almost at the stage of uninstalling the game and
then reinstalling it. Funny how it works for 1.4something and not 1.96

I must attack this problem in the morning instead of doing it late at night.
I would love to be able to post, that I was an idiot and that it was
something simple. All my current game that I play, Desert Combat, Forgotten
Hope, Battlefield Veitnam, Farcry all work reliabily with no problem, so
this i the bit that is annoying me.

Jeatalong wrote:
> Yep tried it... ack this is getting annoying.
>
> This the the name of the *.exe file file that I am using to patch.
> OFPGOTYPatch_196.exe I am almost at the stage of uninstalling the
> game and then reinstalling it. Funny how it works for 1.4something
> and not 1.96

Ehh... Do you have the GOTY edition of the game? If you don't (but have
Original OFP + Resistance expansion instead), use the non-GOTY patch.

--
mvh / Regards
Bjørn Halvor Bergtun (Xenu <TZW>)

I dunno about the GOTY edition but for the original game + 2 campaign disks,
I had to put on two patches to get to 1.96. There is a patch that goes from
the installation of Resisitance (dunno the version number of that) to 1.91,
then another patch from 1.91 to 1.96. Maybe you're trying to run the 1.96
exe but you need this other patch installed prior to the 1.96 one?*

*of course, this could well be total bollocks for the GOTY edition. Just
another thing to try I guess!

PS. just had a look at the Flashpoint site and as long as your version is
1.75 or higher, you only need one patch

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/download/index3.html

Is your shortcut pointing to the new 1.96 exe...

Kango

"Bjørn Halvor Bergtun" <ask-me@online.nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Jeatalong wrote:
> > Yep tried it... ack this is getting annoying.
> >
> > This the the name of the *.exe file file that I am using to patch.
> > OFPGOTYPatch_196.exe I am almost at the stage of uninstalling the
> > game and then reinstalling it. Funny how it works for 1.4something
> > and not 1.96
>
> Ehh... Do you have the GOTY edition of the game? If you don't (but have
> Original OFP + Resistance expansion instead), use the non-GOTY patch.
>
> --
> mvh / Regards
> Bjørn Halvor Bergtun (Xenu <TZW>)

OK reinstalling the game again to a clean directory. I am going to pay
attention to what I am doing this time. It is the game of the year edition.
I am re-downloading the patch as I type this. I would nehas though I would
that installing a game would cause me so much grief. Than again this will be
a minor problem compared to the amount of sleep I will be loosing to this
game. :)

/me crosses fingers

Do you know if there is a followinbg of decent size in Australia, would be a
shame to have to play on use servers with 300ping or so.

> OK reinstalling the game again to a clean directory. I am going to
pay
> attention to what I am doing this time. It is the game of the year
edition.
> I am re-downloading the patch as I type this. I would nehas though I
would
> that installing a game would cause me so much grief. Than again this
will be
> a minor problem compared to the amount of sleep I will be loosing to
this
> game. :)
>
> /me crosses fingers
>
> Do you know if there is a followinbg of decent size in Australia,
would be a
> shame to have to play on use servers with 300ping or so.
>
> "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I dunno about the GOTY edition but for the original game + 2
campaign
> disks,
> > I had to put on two patches to get to 1.96. There is a patch that
goes
> from
> > the installation of Resisitance (dunno the version number of that)
> 1.91,
> > then another patch from 1.91 to 1.96. Maybe you're trying to run
the 1.96
> > exe but you need this other patch installed prior to the 1.96
one?*

> > *of course, this could well be total bollocks for the GOTY
edition. Just
> > another thing to try I guess!
> >
> > PS. just had a look at the Flashpoint site and as long as your
version is
> > 1.75 or higher, you only need one patch
> >
> > http://www.flashpoint1985.com/download/index3.html

If you want to find severs in Oz, use 'the all seeing eye' google will
provide. This game browser, like the awful gamespy, will show you a
little flag that tells you which country the server is based in.
Still, lowest ping wins eh?

I know it is tardy replying to your own post, but it works

"didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Jeatalong" <jeatalong@internode.on.net> wrote in message
> > OK reinstalling the game again to a clean directory. I am going to
> pay
> > attention to what I am doing this time. It is the game of the year
> edition.
> > I am re-downloading the patch as I type this. I would nehas though I
> would
> > that installing a game would cause me so much grief. Than again this
> will be
> > a minor problem compared to the amount of sleep I will be loosing to
> this
> > game. :)
> >
> > /me crosses fingers
> >
> > Do you know if there is a followinbg of decent size in Australia,
> would be a
> > shame to have to play on use servers with 300ping or so.
> >
> > "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I dunno about the GOTY edition but for the original game + 2
> campaign
> > disks,
> > > I had to put on two patches to get to 1.96. There is a patch that
> goes
> > from
> > > the installation of Resisitance (dunno the version number of that)
> > 1.91,
> > > then another patch from 1.91 to 1.96. Maybe you're trying to run
> the 1.96
> > > exe but you need this other patch installed prior to the 1.96
> one?*
> > >
> > > *of course, this could well be total bollocks for the GOTY
> edition. Just
> > > another thing to try I guess!
> > >
> > > PS. just had a look at the Flashpoint site and as long as your
> version is
> > > 1.75 or higher, you only need one patch
> > >
> > > http://www.flashpoint1985.com/download/index3.html
> > >

> If you want to find severs in Oz, use 'the all seeing eye' google will
> provide. This game browser, like the awful gamespy, will show you a
> little flag that tells you which country the server is based in.
> Still, lowest ping wins eh?

It will always be lowest ping wins here in .au until I manage to change the
speed of light. Where I am now, my nearest adsl POP is 3000km from me in a
straight line, and it is not uncommon to get that routered in the wrong
directio, so my packet travel 7000km to my POP before they go any where
else.

Sort of a shitty situation where have here in the Northern Territory, in
regards to the ADSL infrastucture, with only 150 000 people in the area of
about 3 US states.

I am happy at least I got OPFP working. What sort of settings will a
computer go with 3D_Performance="4807"; CPU_Benchmark=4807; for there auto
detect on startup, what sort of change are needed to be made to get the most
out of a 9800pro and 1gig ram? And finally which perference program shold I
be running to change the settings?

OpFlashPreferences.exe
FlashpointPreferences.exe

Yes I am worried about screwing up my game install again. I found I had to
install the 1.91 patch and the the 1.91 to 1.96 over that instead, of using
the full 1.96 patch.

Thanks for all the help you guys have been.... You help me a lot fast then
the official forums, hell I am still waiting to get posting rights after 6
days.

/Jeatalong, bullet catcher extordonaire

You should use the flashpoint preferences.

Your grahics card is post OFP grahics engine
it won't help you much, roll on OFP2. The best
option for you would be a cpu upgrade but your
hardware is more than good enough as it is.

You mean there is a communication company in
Aus. who will run adsl out to a couple of people
in the northern territories, how much do they charge you.
It would not happen here, there are still many areas in
England who still can't get it and those that do have to be
within a couple of miles of an exchange.

You aussie's all you do is winge, winge, winge.

-----------

Bwibble is right on all those points. A graphics card upgrade will make
things look *marginally* better with improved framerates - but let's not
forget here that this game looks great on a GF2 440MX. Cheapest card to get
best performance would be a GF4 400.

Best save your money for other things.

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

"Bwibble <TZW>" <Bwibble@LTNhellworld.comedy> wrote in message
> You should use the flashpoint preferences.
>
> Your grahics card is post OFP grahics engine
> it won't help you much, roll on OFP2. The best
> option for you would be a cpu upgrade but your
> hardware is more than good enough as it is.

I know my hardware exceeds the requirements be a major margin, just
wondering about tweaking the LOD and a few other thing. What about add ons,
like more expressive explosions

> You mean there is a communication company in
> Aus. who will run adsl out to a couple of people
> in the northern territories, how much do they charge you.
> It would not happen here, there are still many areas in
> England who still can't get it and those that do have to be
> within a couple of miles of an exchange.
>
> You aussie's all you do is winge, winge, winge.

Those be fighting words.... =P

winge, winge, winge, must have got that from genetics ;-)

ADSL in the NT, well my provider, is $59.95 for 12gig 512/128. That data
gets back hualed the the nearest adsl aggreration point which is adelaide,
before it gets turned in to ethernet traffic and can travel on the high
speed links in .au

-----------

Considering your location i think i would be
reasonably happy with that, are you?

I have NTL cable (600/128), £29.99,
supposed to be a 1 gig a day cap but
not seen it yet.

------------

> Considering your location i think i would be
> reasonably happy with that, are you?
>
> I have NTL cable (600/128), £29.99,
> supposed to be a 1 gig a day cap but
> not seen it yet.
>
> ------------
>
> I've noticed a couple of Aussie servers in the public list, usually
running some Aussie mod.
Surely a good graphics card would help you with viewing distance,terrain
detail etc(ECP!!!)

Kango

ECP never really seemed to slow the game down for me but this WGL lark is
laggy as hell whenever I've had it running. I've not tried any specific WGL
missions yet so am waiting to be impressed by it. I'd just like an addon
that did some fancier explosions and that'd do; I couldn't care less about
buzzing flies, bleeding to death, blackouts or tarted up compasses!

PS. The night vision in WGL is better, I'll give you that.

:-D

> ECP never really seemed to slow the game down for me but this WGL lark is
> laggy as hell whenever I've had it running. I've not tried any specific
WGL
> missions yet so am waiting to be impressed by it. I'd just like an addon
> that did some fancier explosions and that'd do; I couldn't care less about
> buzzing flies, bleeding to death, blackouts or tarted up compasses!
>
> PS. The night vision in WGL is better, I'll give you that.
>
> :-D

> Don't know if you've tried this...

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/bratty/PB/files/OFPR_Addon_GMRexplosionsMod_v149.zip

Kango

Cheers Kango, just had a quick go and it looks good. Will try it later on
with something more intense like a cti.

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

"Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote:

>ECP never really seemed to slow the game down for me but this WGL lark is
>laggy as hell whenever I've had it running. I've not tried any specific WGL
>missions yet so am waiting to be impressed by it. I'd just like an addon
>that did some fancier explosions and that'd do; I couldn't care less about
>buzzing flies, bleeding to death, blackouts or tarted up compasses!

Can higly recommend GMR's ExploMod 1.49, use it all the time also
works in multiplayer. I don't have an URL handy but google for it
and it should show up. If not let me know and I will send it to you.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

"CJ" <xyz@eatspam.com> wrote in message
> "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >ECP never really seemed to slow the game down for me but this WGL lark is
> >laggy as hell whenever I've had it running. I've not tried any specific
WGL
> >missions yet so am waiting to be impressed by it. I'd just like an addon
> >that did some fancier explosions and that'd do; I couldn't care less
about
> >buzzing flies, bleeding to death, blackouts or tarted up compasses!
>
> Can higly recommend GMR's ExploMod 1.49, use it all the time also
> works in multiplayer. I don't have an URL handy but google for it
> and it should show up. If not let me know and I will send it to you.
>
> /Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

So get this one and use it in the single player game

> "CJ" <xyz@eatspam.com> wrote in message
> > "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >ECP never really seemed to slow the game down for me but this WGL lark
is
> > >laggy as hell whenever I've had it running. I've not tried any specific
> WGL
> > >missions yet so am waiting to be impressed by it. I'd just like an
addon
> > >that did some fancier explosions and that'd do; I couldn't care less
> about
> > >buzzing flies, bleeding to death, blackouts or tarted up compasses!
> >
> > Can higly recommend GMR's ExploMod 1.49, use it all the time also
> > works in multiplayer. I don't have an URL handy but google for it
> > and it should show up. If not let me know and I will send it to you.
> >
> > /Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)
> >

> So get this one and use it in the single player game

Hmm no google luck for me