How can I test my XP firewall

How can I test my XP firewall? I know there must be some website somewhere
that I can go to and see if anything can slip through my defenses.

Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about test firewall

    The XP firewall isn't that great. I'd still use something like Zone Alarm
    or if you have a router, use your hardware firewall.
    "pcBody1" <pcBody1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > How can I test my XP firewall? I know there must be some website somewhere
    > that I can go to and see if anything can slip through my defenses.
    >
    > Thanks.

    "pcBody1" <pcBody1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > How can I test my XP firewall? I know there must be some website somewhere
    > that I can go to and see if anything can slip through my defenses.

    http://www.hackerwatch.org/probe/

    inline...

    "Nocturnal" <nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote in message
    > The XP firewall isn't that great. I'd still use something like Zone Alarm
    > or if you have a router, use your hardware firewall.
    the 'or'-alternative is nice, but far from perfect.
    Hardware firewalls usually are oblivious of applications and do a pretty
    good job of packet filtering, network related but not application related.
    So it is difficult (if not impossible) to define that you do not want progx
    to use http, but to allow progy to use it. The software-based ones (like
    ZoneAlarm or Kerio of Sygate) often do a far better job there, albeit that
    performance wise the hardware ones are lightning fast and the software ones
    lose that contest.

    my 2c

    george

    > "pcBody1" <pcBody1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> How can I test my XP firewall? I know there must be some website
    >> somewhere that I can go to and see if anything can slip through my
    >> defenses.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    Also check using Gibson research
    https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

    rt
    "pcBody1" <pcBody1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > How can I test my XP firewall? I know there must be some website somewhere
    > that I can go to and see if anything can slip through my defenses.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Try the following site for testing your firewall:
    https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

    --
    In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.

    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User
    Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

    "Rafael T" <okinawapro@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Also check using Gibson research
    > https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
    >
    > rt
    > "pcBody1" <pcBody1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> How can I test my XP firewall? I know there must be some website
    >> somewhere that I can go to and see if anything can slip through my
    >> defenses.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    go to www.sarc.com.
    Go into security risks.
    This is the norton website.
    "george" <anonymous@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > inline...
    >
    > "Nocturnal" <nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote in message
    > > The XP firewall isn't that great. I'd still use something like Zone
    Alarm
    > > or if you have a router, use your hardware firewall.
    > the 'or'-alternative is nice, but far from perfect.
    > Hardware firewalls usually are oblivious of applications and do a pretty
    > good job of packet filtering, network related but not application related.
    > So it is difficult (if not impossible) to define that you do not want
    progx
    > to use http, but to allow progy to use it. The software-based ones (like
    > ZoneAlarm or Kerio of Sygate) often do a far better job there, albeit that
    > performance wise the hardware ones are lightning fast and the software
    ones
    > lose that contest.
    >
    > my 2c
    >
    > george
    >

    > > "pcBody1" <pcBody1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> How can I test my XP firewall? I know there must be some website
    > >> somewhere that I can go to and see if anything can slip through my
    > >> defenses.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks.

Firewalls Microsoft Windows XP