polaray

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
I have issues with sending emails with jpgs attached. While sending out say 40 jpgs with large byte filesizes, XP Outlook seems to take along time. However it does send the attachments.

Now today I get a dameon saying no such email addie, which I know isn't true. Do I need to limited my download and send say two or three separate emails to get it to complete. Or, maybe just zip all the jpgs.

Right now I do not have any zip capable programsms.

TIA

sturm

Splendid
jpegs are already compressed so using say winzip or winrar will not decrease their size by any usefull amount. I would send two or three emails. That way if it doesnt go thru right you didnt waste your time on one large email.

fredweston

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2006
Some email servers limit the number of attachments that can be attached per message, but usually that will not result in a no such e-mail address error message.

What I would do is get some sort of image resizing program that will make all the images smaller, and then zip the smaller images up into a single ZIP file. You can download WinZip or WinRar for free. As for the image sizing program, there are literally hundreds of them out there, just find a good free one. This will prevent problems with too many attachments (since it's 1 zip file), plus the e-mails will send faster since the files are smaller.

TRENDING THREADS