Leave a email copy on the server

July 5, 2005 3:26:54 PM

Hi,

I have multiple email account setup on my h6315, sadly it doesn't seem to be
able to leave a copy of the emails on the server. I wish to be able to
retreive all emails even those i got on my ipaq on to my office or home pc.
the only work around i found is to create new email that would be added to a
mailing list with the original account. That would have all incoming mail go
to 2 different email account. The down site i get all email twice, on my
ipaq and office computer. If i retreive 20 emails at the office i will get
all those also on the ipaq something i would like to avoid?

I use a Ipaq H6315 with Microsoft pocket pc ver 4.2

Anyone?
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 6:38:04 PM

The default behaviour is to leave the message on the server...

The deletion of messages is controlled by each account settings and is
designed to delete messages from the server only if you delete them from
your inbox and then to delete them from the server based on your
deletion settings.

Note... retreiving a message does mark it on the server as "read" so
your pc's email client may be set to show only unread messages on the
server.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 7:43:04 PM

message news:o dc8QkZgFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> The default behaviour is to leave the message on the server...
>
> The deletion of messages is controlled by each account settings and is
> designed to delete messages from the server only if you delete them from
> your inbox and then to delete them from the server based on your deletion
> settings.
>
> Note... retreiving a message does mark it on the server as "read" so your
> pc's email client may be set to show only unread messages on the server.
>
> Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

Just to add to the mix, something eaasy to overlook - make sure that any
pre-existing mail clients on the PC are now set to leave the messages on the
server, otherwise the PPC will not get the message.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 2:51:23 PM

Thanks,

Someone made me realise that yes in fact it always leave a copy but if you
delete to message on the handheld it will also get deleted from the email
server. So i simlpy need to keep in my inbox any email i want to retreive
once at the office.

Eric