itisit9

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
Hey all,

I was reccomended to try a product called Auditor Lite that works with configuring XP for disaster recovery. I guess it's free, but I don't have much experience with or knowledge of the tool.

I figured someone here may have used it so I was wondering if anyone here had, and if so would you reccomend I try it?

It's located here: http://www.ecora.com/ecora/products/documentor.asp

Thanks for your help in advance!

-Jil

fredweston

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2006
Looks like it's designed to spit out a listing of what resources are shared on the network on a system by system basis and which users have access to which resources. That type of thing. Definitely a good thing to have, but maybe not the best way to go about it. If you don't have more than 15-20 servers, then it might be better to go through and document all the user permissions for your Windows shares, databases, e-mail, etc by hand. Keep your list up to date by making the appropriate entries each time you need to adjust a user's access. Those type of programs tend to give you way more information than you really need, so that can cause confusion. I like to do mine the old fashioned way with a pen and a notebook.

TRENDING THREADS