D:INSTALL.EXE error message when trying to load an old game

C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXE.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.Chose 'close' to terminate the
application
i have changed my system to nstf recently. is there anyway to run this in
dos only, it should work then.or anyway to get xp to run it win95 ran it fine.
5 answers Last reply
More about install error message load game

    Are you trying to run a DOS program?

    xfiler

    Hi

    Please see if the following article helps:

    "Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
    Program"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "randini69" <randini69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXE.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
    > MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.Chose 'close' to terminate the
    > application
    > i have changed my system to nstf recently. is there anyway to run this in
    > dos only, it should work then.or anyway to get xp to run it win95 ran it
    > fine.

    the game can be loaded in dos mode, but i can't run dos alone. only ms-dos

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Please see if the following article helps:
    >
    > "Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
    > Program"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "randini69" <randini69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXE.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
    > > MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.Chose 'close' to terminate the
    > > application
    > > i have changed my system to nstf recently. is there anyway to run this in
    > > dos only, it should work then.or anyway to get xp to run it win95 ran it
    > > fine.

    I have a program called DOSbox to run DOS games in XP -
    you could google for it, I like it, and I didn't have to
    give up my old favorites.

    HTH, and YMMV!!

    xfiler

    wrote in message
    B5D631F8F919@microsoft.com...
    >> > C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXE.NT. The system file is
    not suitable for running
    >> > MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
    applications.Chose 'close' to terminate the
    >> > application
    >> > i have changed my system to nstf recently. is there
    anyway to run this in
    >> > dos only, it should work then.or anyway to get xp to
    run it win95 ran it
    >> > fine.
    >>

    >.

Microsoft Error Message Windows XP