For anyone who wants a challange...

440bx

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
I read what you've tried already in the other thread.

I suggest you try to ping your router, see if that works. Get the address of your router from ipconfig (usually 192.168.1.1 but sometimes 192.168.0.1 depending on the router manufacturer).

From what you've described, it sounds like your router may have gotten some values in its internal tables messed up. It sounds like the IP address associated with your mac address isn't right. This would explain why you can browse your wife's computer - communication in your LAN is completely mac address based - yet cannot do anything that is IP address dependent. If that is the case, doing a full reset (and reconfiguration) of your router should solve the problem.

HTH.

SockPuppet

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
I read what you've tried already in the other thread.

I suggest you try to ping your router, see if that works. Get the address of your router from ipconfig (usually 192.168.1.1 but sometimes 192.168.0.1 depending on the router manufacturer).

From what you've described, it sounds like your router may have gotten some values in its internal tables messed up. It sounds like the IP address associated with your mac address isn't right. This would explain why you can browse your wife's computer - communication in your LAN is completely mac address based - yet cannot do anything that is IP address dependent. If that is the case, doing a full reset (and reconfiguration) of your router should solve the problem.

HTH.

Sounds logical to me.

Keep us updated!