how 2 have 2pc's and dsl?!? help me :(

knowsitall

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
hey i have my computer and another computer i am interested in hookin both up to my dsl service. right now i have one hooked up with a modem. both of my pc's have ethernet ports. do i have to buy another dsl modem and hook it up to my other pc so they will both have internet? what is the easiest less expensive way to get both these pc's up and running on the internet.

Iceblue

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Sorry... lost track of the thread. You need a router to go between your modem and the computers. The router will probably have 1 ethernet port called WAN or Uplink - plug that one into the modem. The other ethernet ports (probably 4 of them) are where you will plug in your computers.

BKD

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Also, talk to you DSL provider. Maybe your modem can work as a router, either wirelessly or with additional connections. I assume you tried hooking up to any USB or Ethernet connections.....? My DSL modem is also a wireless router that can serve the whole neighborhood-if you’ve got the security code. It’s also got four Ethernet connections and a USB connection. Now if I can just hook up my WAZ, wireless, network....

No bees round here just packets that fly!