Sign in with
Your question

best DVD r/RW for the money???

Last response: in Storage
April 9, 2007 2:03:20 PM

I am thinking of getting a new dvd dl r/rw. I am going to go with SATA and was wondering if anyone can offer any advice on which ones are the best. I will be primarily backing up dvd's.

More about : dvd money

April 9, 2007 3:50:01 PM

Quote:
I am thinking of getting a new dvd dl r/rw. I am going to go with SATA and was wondering if anyone can offer any advice on which ones are the best. I will be primarily backing up dvd's.

Pioneer is good, I have multiple drives. ASUS Lightscribe's work great if you need the feature. I have three. I have had bad luck with Samsung drives. Sony is more expensive, but generally dependable. Be sue you get a drive that states Vista capable if you use the OS.
April 9, 2007 4:06:41 PM

Thanks for the input. I have a pioneer DL burner from 2 years ago. For some reason it takes a long time to encode dvds now. It used to encode and back up a dvd in 30 minutes. Now it takes around 3-4 hours to encode it. DVD shrink, for example, will show the preview screen of the dvd I am backing up and it will encode a few frames and then pause at a frame for 1 minute or more. Do you know what could be causing this? Maybe a firmware update is needed?
April 9, 2007 5:47:22 PM

Try club.cdfreaks.com
!