I'll be going with DSL and most likely a Linksys WAP.
1) I'm considering are B vs. G. What would be the best bet for me? The WAP would be in a first floor and the signal would have to go upstairs and to the back of the house. Is there any reason I should even go with the G-standard?
2) There's a Linksys B compliant WAP and card for laptops being sold as a bundle. I'd need a wireless PCI card for the PC upstairs, but would getting the bundle first and testing the laptop's signal upstairs be a good test for how good a signal I could get before going out and buying another wireless card?
3) I've got a network setup between the older PC and my laptop. Would I be better served deleting that profile from Windows and starting a new one with all three on the network or is it ok to just add the new PC?
4) I have yet to pick an OS for the new PC. I have XP Home on the other two machines. Any reason to switch to XP Pro on the new PC or would there be any compatability issues?
Thanks for your help.
More aboutquestions prepping wireless
1. either fine. g faster 2. yes 3. need new network setup 4. only if you want remote desktop